• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Rokon repair

afab

I have what I believe to be a 1969 rokon that is in the middle of a transformation from original to a honda 90 inplant. All parts are there plus extra engines. Do to health and time restrants, and lack of how do you do this, does anyone have any suggetions for a service shop in the WI or midwest that is Honest. I inherritted the unit from a neighbor after helping them.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I know of no shops but have done it to one of mine. have you rode one before?
Your numbers should start with 69 for that year. my 69 is 691074.
jim

afab

Yes I did ride this one before the new engine was put in. I have not looked at the serial number but was told that it's a 69. I would like to use it for Elk hunting and exploring when I go to Colorado.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
That is good. A person needs to ride one before buying. I think it is called Rokon world .com and a very good place for information.
The conversion add some weight . I always grab my 2 stroke for short rides.
Good luck this fall .I have a few good hunts with mine but choose just to hunt at home and use the rokon for back country camping.
jim
divide001.jpg

rokon002.jpg

Last edited:
35A331D2-4944-4E12-BFAA-3A656CACC450.jpeg81734AEE-AFE2-488C-B649-76A4C459B801.jpeg1DF88AAE-90CA-47DC-A20F-BAF7EFED7C85.jpegE50FEA63-52F0-4D1F-8951-C4EA613F8727.jpeg This is a 1971 Trail Breaker I’ve owned for some years. I titled it and made it street legal. It has a motorcycle plate, DOT approved radials, directional signals and a high and low beam DOT approved headlight and tail light. The reason I went to all this trouble, is in Washington State you can not ride on a forest service road without a license plate. Doing this conversion prevents a 400 dollar citation. There is a new U.S. Engine for our bikes that is two stroke but 10 hp instead of 6. It is a direct bolt in affair. It even has a stator for charging and headlights. 500 dollars in a box. I believe you have to modify the frame by making it longer to do the engine swap you’re proposing. I installed a go cart torque converter on mine that turned it into a 25 mph machine With the stock engine. This conversion means you lose the kick start feature. I believe my engine is original. It runs very strong and I have ridden this contraption over 50 miles in one day. I run STI Black Diamond Radials on it and the side walls are so stiff I’m running an unmeasurable amount of air in the tires. I would suggest you go with a torque converter and see if the engine swap isn’t necessary. These things are so loud I ride with shooting muffs all the time. I put a new carb on it and it runs like new. A new carburetor is slightly more money than the rebuild kit. Fillman Machine will sell you all the parts for the torque converter. fillmanmachine.com. Dave Fillman is an expert on these machines and owns several. These can be very capable machines with the stock engine. Just a suggestion. If I were going to put a Honda in mine I would use that little red pull start job I see on the shelf here at D&B Supply. It would fit in our frame.

EF3384CF-B100-45EC-A0BA-DA70AA429CEB.jpeg This little guy is what I will use if I re engine. I will get the right shaft size for the torque converter. I will also make sure it rotates the correct direction.

My original centrifugal clutch failed and I couldn’t even push the bike, i believe a replacement is a cool 250 dollars. Because of this failure I opted for the torque converter.