• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

I need a recipe for.....

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Jen,

My wife use to have one. Her family use to make them all the time but has been over ten years since I remember having them. My wife and I looked all over for the recipe but can't find it. But it sure makes me thinking "Twice Baked Potatoes":rolleyes:

murph

Glenn9643

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Jen,
Sorry, but I don't have one; but if you don't get a recommendation here, I suggest a google search for "twice baked potatoes".
I do all of the cooking (wife is down with cancer and never liked to cook anyway) and when I want to cook a dish that I'm not sure of I look through the recipes from a google search that "look good". I open a blank document in the word processor and paste those that I like into that document and then print. It gives me a general idea of how its prepared and thoughts for seasonings to use.
Merry Christmas!

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I asked my wife and she said:
You bake em. Take em out and cut em open, mix the potato add cheese and whatever other fixings you want on em and put em back in the oven.

....but she said, she has never made them but she thinks that's how it is done.

Jen's Jeep

Site Supporter
I ended up with a recipe using.....

the potatos
bacon
sour cream
garlic
seasoned salt & pepper
shredded cheddar on the top

it was awesome:cool2:

P

Pigtails

Sorry, Jen, Just got on here for the first time in awhile. I use regular baking potatoes and do not wrap them in foil as the skins need to be a little hard to hold the inside stuff. I put them in foil the first time and had a terrible time keeping the skins from taring apart. Then a bake them for about 2 hrs or so on 325. Cut them in half and very carefully scrape out the middle. You have the right ingrediants. Sounds like you had it under control.

P

Pigtails

Hey, if anyone has a good receipe for pea salad, I would like to get one to make for New Years.

P

Pigtails

Hey Doc, I didn't say "pee" salad..:eek: I did find the following, I hope it works. I do like fresh peas and cubed cheese in it.. So we'll see..

PEA - CHEESE SALAD
Printed from COOKS.COM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 c. shelled peas or 1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen peas or 1 (17 oz.) can peas
1 c. cubed cheddar cheese
2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
1/4 c. chopped celery
2 tbsp. chopped onion
2 tbsp. chopped pimento
1/3 c. mayonnaise or salad dressing
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. bottled hot pepper sauce
1/8 tsp. pepper

Cook fresh of frozen peas, drain and cool. Drain canned peas. In large bowl combine peas, cheese cubes, hard-cooked eggs, celery, onion and pimento. Combine mayonnaise or salad dressing, salt, hot pepper sauce and pepper. Add to pea mixture; toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
SERVING TIP: Cut tomatoes into 8 wedges, cutting to, but not through bottom of tomato. On salad plates, place tomatoes atop lettuce leaves, fill with pea mixture.

P

Pigtails

Hey, I made the above pea salad. It was really good.. If anyone likes peas they'll like this receipe..:D

caeryon

Oh, cool! I haven't thought about pea salad for years. English peas are one of the few veggies my husband actually likes, so I'll have to try that recipe. Thanks, Pigtails!

It sounds as if you did all right with the twice-baked spuds, Jen, but I fix mine the same way PT does, it sounds like. Just bake 'em so they stay fairly firm on the outside, scoop the innards out, mash 'em & mix 'em with whatever good "baked tater" fixin's you like, and stuff the doctored-up tater back in the shells. I usually put some cheese and bacon bits on top and plop them back in the oven or under the broiler just long enough to melt the cheese.