• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Bombardier B12 restoration projects

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
For anyone interested in a Bombardier B12 restoration project or two, I have found 4 machines located in Beardmore, Ontario.(that's a small town an hours drive from where I live) I looked them over real quick(sorry, forgot my camera!) and heres the scoop:

One is a wooden body that's basically rotted out. There were no tracks, idlers, sprockets, engine, from what I could see. Looked like it was stripped years ago and left to rot.

There are two steel bodies with tracks, sprockets, idlers etc... that need work. They were missing the doors, rear engine cover and side covers. The engines in each were basically one big block of rust.

Last, there was a steel body with no tracks, sprockets, or idlers.

It looked to me as if years ago, two of them had been stripped to keep the other two running. I remember those machines sitting there when I was a kid so they've been there a while. I could possibly do a bit of research and find out who owns them, if they would sell/give etc... if anyone is interested. They're in a town of less then 500 people and I have a few contacts there so it wouldn't take much to find out.

For now this is the only pic I have of them.

beardmorebombardiers.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I was passing through the town today where these Bombardiers are located and stopped to take a few pics for anyone interested in a project. I also talked to the owner's son very quickly and he said they may be willing to sell a couple of them.(didn't get into prices or anything but I could hook you up with the owner and you guys could hash that out)

This is the wooden bodied one that I described
000_0149.jpg

Here's the other three. He said they would part with the orange coloured wide body on the right but that they wanted to keep the narrow guage in the middle as it still ran.(apparently)
000_0150.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
If I had the time and the space, I'd pick one up. I'd like to eventually get a narrow guage. No time right now for one though as I'm busy as hell during the winter months trying to keep 2 groomers running while maintaining roughly 200miles of snowmobile trails.(signing, brushing, cutting, grooming etc) as well as a full time job.

HUMUNGUS

nice bombie , making a new bombie b12 out of aluminium checker plate . almost done the resto .

Attachments

• bombie body building 013.jpg
    bombie body building 013.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 2,941
  • bombie body building 005.JPG
    bombie body building 005.JPG
    256.8 KB · Views: 2,939
  • bombie body building 016.jpg
    bombie body building 016.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 2,872
  • bombie body building 006.jpg
    bombie body building 006.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 2,883
  • bombie body building 014.JPG
    bombie body building 014.JPG
    238.3 KB · Views: 2,904
  • rebuilding a bombardier 009.jpg
    rebuilding a bombardier 009.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 2,905
  • bombie sept 1st 2012 030.jpg
    bombie sept 1st 2012 030.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 2,824
  • bombie sept 1st 2012 006.jpg
    bombie sept 1st 2012 006.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 2,768

the old trucker

If I had the time and the space, I'd pick one up. I'd like to eventually get a narrow guage. No time right now for one though as I'm busy as hell during the winter months trying to keep 2 groomers running while maintaining roughly 200miles of snowmobile trails.(signing, brushing, cutting, grooming etc) as well as a full time job.

Those are the same pics you posted on Northern Tracks about 5 yrs. ago.... Are they still there ??

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I posted those pics here 5 years ago too judging by the date on this thread..lol Yep. They are still sitting in the same spot. I do believe they are a permanent fixture there now as trees are growing up around them.

belliot

hi,were those b12 's still rotting in the field i am very interested in them! Any contact info would be appreciated, thanks