• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

hey R Rose

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
the 1968 Tucker 443 in SE Idaho, now has a new more reasonable price of $16K, down from $20K, pretty good rig, has the Chevy 6 engine, if it could be bought around $12,500 that make it a good solid buy IMHO...but anything less than $15,000 is much better than $20,000.00, it is on craigslist and yes it is the same one that Gmoose has posted about

Attachments

• 01414_gQuzqBb6Ab_600x450.jpg
    01414_gQuzqBb6Ab_600x450.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 404
Last edited:

RRose

SUPER Site Supporter
I’ve talked to Shawn about it a couple times. I did hear that it was down to $16k. It’s a nice cat (imho).

Luckily, I’m already the newest member of the Tucker Owner’s group.......

Last edited:

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
I’ve talked to Shawn about it a couple times. I did hear that it was down to $16k. It’s a nice cat (imho).

Congratulations!! Now, how about some details and pics?

RRose

SUPER Site Supporter
Congratulations!! Now, how about some details and pics?

Thanks Blackfoot - I’m super excited! I bought the greenish 1956 443 directly from Tucker. I was able to stop and take a look at it last summer, but it was just a bit more than I wanted to spend. I did some research on it and was able to track down the guy that operated it for the majority of its life. He gave me an amazing account of its life and I kinda fell in love with it. When Tucker got it up and running, fixed a couple things on it and dropped the price, I called Clyde and Told him I had to have it.

Check out this video showing it in Aspen in the 70’s:
4:14-4:25 (caution, there are bare butts shown)
https://youtu.be/E4Ccld6LrOA

And these pictures: first one is from the 70’s in Aspen. Second and third are from last week in Oregon.

Attachments

• 13A2D4C3-1CEF-45E0-87C9-9FE2682E28DC.jpg
    13A2D4C3-1CEF-45E0-87C9-9FE2682E28DC.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 379
  • 20DE94B8-5FDA-4F3E-8C52-FBA966E30765.jpg
    20DE94B8-5FDA-4F3E-8C52-FBA966E30765.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 381
  • 8748E8DD-DDA4-4BAD-83FC-A2A3A33375EF.jpg
    8748E8DD-DDA4-4BAD-83FC-A2A3A33375EF.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 395

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter

good you got one, enjoy and tucker on

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Very nice looking classic Tucker, and unbelievably cool that you were able to connect with the operator from it's younger days.

It's always great when a forum member gets a gem, especially after looking and waiting patiently.

Very happy for you!!!

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
any idea what the significance is of the Tom the turkey logo?
No orange kool aid for you, just mint tea

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
history and a great story, many times are worth more than the snow cat, and if you can get a cat is in decent condition and the story, it's like you have won the lottery, tucker on, good for you and buy a lottery ticket...

RRose

SUPER Site Supporter
any idea what the significance is of the Tom the turkey logo?
No orange kool aid for you, just mint tea

I asked about the turkey stickers - the guy and his buddies we all about skiing powder. I guess they referred to Weekend Warrior or newbies as Turkeys - yet another thing that seems appropriate for me!

I actually love the color/patina. I’m thinking about spraying it clear to preserve it just the way it is. Plan on restoring the inside and engine compartment.

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
Congratulations.. I loved the video! The clear coat idea is a good one!

funtracks

Great looking Tucker, what a good year! I like the clear coat idea too, just had a friend do that to an old cab over tanker truck and he put a dulling agent in the clear coat so it wasn't so glossy and shiny. Personal preference but I thought it was the right thing to do, the patina shows through nicely.