• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Alaska earthquake

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I talked with 3512b this morning and he is OK. Very little damage to his home and never lost power. However, he is super busy at work providing generators to those with out power.

tinbender

My cabin is about 10 miles east of the big epicenter. 13 miles from nearest road access. No way now to know how it survived. Right on Iditarod trail. Friend at Big Lake had most everything shaken off walls and shelves, including 9 cases of home canned salmon.Glass jars. They don't know yet if any structural damage. Too early for me to ask anyone to go look at our place to see if it survived, they have enough of their own right now to take care of.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I had to look up what caused an after shock. then I noticed you have three shocks, fore ,shock and after. lots of shocks

3512b

GOLD Site Supporter
The Tasti freeze ice cream store over toward kincade Park off of Rasburry had an “ Earth quake Sale” 15% off all shakes! ,:th_lmao: I could not
get a picture of the sign as I am in Valdez....no chance of a tital wave here no sir... well maybe a little...

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
A friend of mine lives 6 miles north of Anchorage and he said their Sheetrock has cracks all over now. And his rock fireplace is all cracked. His neighbors water
Pipes cracked and flooded the basement. The Glen Highway is a mess.