• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Taught my wife how to drive the big tractor....

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
She wanted to learn.

I have not seen her in hours. I hear it in the far field, she is mowing.

I think I may have to buy another one if I ever hope to get out on a tractor again :doh:

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
WELL....fix it and give it back to her!!!!!!!!she will let ya know if she needs help!!!!:yum:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
My wife will use the little B2400 Kubota with the 4 foot bush hog but not the big one, the L4740. The problem is that she uses it to mow the tall stuff at the library annex in town and never uses it around the house. It means that in order for her to volunteer to cut THEIR grass I have to hook up the trailer, bring it up to the house, put the bush hog on the little tractor, load it on the trailer, drive it in to town, unload it at the annex. When she's finished, I have to do it all again, only in reverse.

I used to cut it for them but my wife didn't quite grasp the concept of my being a "volunteer". To me it meant that I will use my equipment, fuel and time to cut their grass when it is convenient for me. To my wife it meant that I should cut it on a timetable around the schedule of the patrons using the annex building. Two completely different things.

Ah well!!! At least when she's gone using the little tractor I still have the big one to play with ... and it has an air conditioned cab. :clap:

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I greased the B9200 last weekend and took it out for a test run with the mower deck down and running ............ on the second lap making a turn towards the garage, I came upon the gaze of death with her hands on her hips from the Mrs'. I am only permitted to mow her misses with the garden tractor ......

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I greased the B9200 last weekend and took it out for a test run with the mower deck down and running ............ on the second lap making a turn towards the garage, I came upon the gaze of death with her hands on her hips from the Mrs'. I am only permitted to mow her misses with the garden tractor ......

Getting "the look" is a scary thing, isn't it??? :yum:

I've still got all my spring equipment maintenance and greasing to do. I may have to use it and then do the work on it. I've got to try and work things in between thunder storms and the ground is 'way too soft to be running tractors over it.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
So I come back from town and I see my tractor parked sideway across the driveway . . .

... while I was gone my wife thought she'd use it to mow the grass around the house. Never mind that there are lots of small trees. Never mind that there are some steep inclines. Never mind that there are some tight corners.

As I'm pulling into the driveway I look at the front end loader and there is a bunch of sod hanging from it. I look at the incline that is a few feet in front of the cutting edge and the grass has been stripped right off the slope.

Apparently it didn't occur to her that when you approach a steep incline the front end loader might hit the side of the hill. Did I mention it is a really steep incline? Basically she drove the FEL straight into the hillside :doh:

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I use to work 3 12hr days and off for 3 .here on the coast if it is haying weather you better get it done.
I said if I wasn't working I would be cutting hay. while I was working
she cut ,raked and baled over 300 bails by herself
next 3 days I was hauling it in the barn.
bad thing was the she could have tightened the bale tension some. they were a little light.
she seems to be able to figure out how to operate most stuff.
jim

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Without pics it never happened.

Well no pictures.

She did learn a couple lessons.
  • First is that when a nearly 7000# object with a cutting edge (the FEL's bucket lip) hits something it will leave a mark.
  • Second, she learned why it is important to wear a seat belt on a tractor.
  • Third, she learned that operating in the open field in the valley area is where she really belongs.
  • Lastly, she decided she should not try to fit the 22' long tractor/FEL/Mower Deck into the 24' garage bay.