• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Oil rigs in the Gulf

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
Does anyone know how many oil rigs have left the gulf due to the stop work order?

Also how many are left?

I read they are ready to let them start drilling again, I wondered if any are left to drill.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
From what I understand a handful have gone but most remain. According to the news reports today the drilling moratorium has been lifted, but it may take several more months for the rigs to prove they are in compliance with the new regulations. The government official who was on the news said he didn't think any rigs would actually be producing oil before Christmas.

duflochy

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Plenty of oil rigs setting along the gulf coast...Seen one moving out of Galveston a few weeks ago.....Oil companys dont care about drilling in American waters anymore, it's too expensive....

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Does anyone know how many oil rigs have left the gulf due to the stop work order?

Also how many are left?

I read they are ready to let them start drilling again, I wondered if any are left to drill.

The total is 4 rigs left the gulf none anywhere else.

duflochy

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I have a friend who designs oil rigs, he is working more hours per week than he ever has.....