• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Exam Results.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
My son picked up his exam results this week and firstly i am so proud as he achieved what he wanted to and a bonus was he expected to fail Physics(he found it a tough one this year)but he got a good pass :clap:

He only failed one Exam, and to be honest we have had a good laugh over it....it in no way is going to spoil his plans in fact it was a subject he had to take like all other students, subject being "General studies".

General studies in case you cant guess is all about life's general issues, scenario's you may come across in life or things happening in the world, these issues are debated and the idea is for the student to have an opinion no matter what way they see it just to have an opinion and show they are of independent thinking.

So with all that explained i now tell you the reason he failed it....his opinions did not match the paper markers opinion....it turns out you have to tell them what they want to hear.......total waste of his time...in fact my son says his opinions were based on common sense and who ever marked the paper lacked common sense or was some old aged fart that was out of reach with modern day thinking.

So much for independent thought....just do as i say.

I shall be writing a letter of complaint to the Education board....which i expect to be screwed up and binned within 30 seconds.....so stupid its funny.

PS.... no student passed that he knows of....what does that tell you.

Last edited:

rc2james

Site Supporter
I can see your point Galv. It has always been my understanding that school was to teach mental flexibility for the challenges that life will present. It seems like the world has become an inflexible place these days, with people stuck in their mental ruts. Anything deviating from these beliefs, (be they rational beliefs or not) are considered evil and those who utter these thoughts, spawns of the devil himself. They may throw your letter in the trash but then again they may even read it. I would go for it.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Congrats to you & your son Galvatron , I gota agree with James common sense doesn,t seem to be a priority these days . :biggrin:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Galvi congrats to your son and your wife. We know he did not get it from dad!:wow:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Or another question ... why do they call it "common sense"? It isn't all that common, is it??????

Congrats young Galvi. I'm glad you don't take after your dad. (what smilie do I need to use here?)

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
Good for Nobba!!!
If he runs into more problems with his sciences, let me know - I used to teach that stuff and can try to help over email.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Congratulations to your son! (And you, Proud Dad!) And don't let him fuss too much about failing this one; there are many "fuzzy" courses (economics, philosophy, etc.) where the only acceptable response mirrors the opinions held by the prof. If your son runs into any more of these, tell him to research the prof's published papers to get his opinion, and then always echo that opinion in class and on papers. It's BS, but that works just fine for BS subjects!