• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Bombadier SW48 Restoration Help Needed

tuffcub2000

I'm into a pretty big project. I bought a SW48FA off of ebay. I'm doing a restoration on it and need some parts. I'm on a limited budget, so used parts seem to be the way to go. This has the Ford 300 with a C-6 automatic. I don't have a carb and was wondering if it is anything special because of the govenor. I have one for a 240 and they use a plug to direct the vaccum for the govenor. This has solid tires and I need one tire and 2 rim/tire assys. I also need a track with the rubber cleats. Someone has the brake band out of the rt side. I was wondering it they can be relined,or do I have to buy new. I figured that while it was apart, I would do the other band as well. Your help is appreciated.
progress.gif

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Check in with member Bogie by sending him a PM.

He probably can help you with some of the parts.

tuffcub2000

Making progresss on it. New fuel pump, alternator, all lines changed, fluids changed. Found 2 new woods govenors on ebay. Got an elec. choke carb from a neighbor. Should be ready to fire it up soon. Still need a track and 2 complete boggie wheels and a tire. (Solid) Trying to get those now. If anyone has anything, let me know.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Welcome to the group! :smile:

Lots of good help here . Hope you find everything that you need to get your new baby up and running soon .