• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Weather change

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Yesterday was cloudy, rainy and 70°F. Today it was cloudy, rainy and frikkin' freezing or it will be by morning. Jeez, no wonder I've spent most of this winter being sick. Thank the Lord I don't live where most of you do where the snow is butt hole high to a tall giraffe. :wink:
I'd take snow any day over cold rain. Snow is drier and easier on my body. I just finished clearing the driveway. Last year I only used the snowblower 3 times. This year I've gone through a 5 gallon can is gas so far. Looks like another 15 to 25 cms on Wednesday

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
The wind howled all night.
50mph.
20190208_081852.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
We're under another weather advisory for snow, sleet and freezing rain.
:hammer:
That which sends my son out "ditch fishing" like he was late last night.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I don't know why I'm posting in a thread called "Weather Change". The weather hasn't changed here in three days. It's still damp, drizzly, cold and miserable although it has warmed up a little bit to the low 40s. Guess what? It's supposed to stay like this for the next two or three days. If I'd wanted crappy weather like this I'd have stayed in Scotland!!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We're sitting at -2 Celsius. It snowed last night about 4 inches. I had that cleaned up first thing this morning.

Canadian eh!!!

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
last we went anywhere, ice, namely slush, hail, & boots-- gotta have pairs of those--

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I don't know why I'm posting in a thread called "Weather Change". The weather hasn't changed here in three days. It's still damp, drizzly, cold and miserable although it has warmed up a little bit to the low 40s. Guess what? It's supposed to stay like this for the next two or three days.

Two or three days my eye! Ten days later and it is still the same, damp, rainy, drizzly and East Texas cold. Some of you might call our temperatures cool and some of you might call it summer but in East Texas we call it cold. It's in the 40s.

We did have one nice day in there but that was it. Still not supposed to see the sun until Sunday or Monday.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
So I found this amusing. Lol. My parents are wintering in Arizona and they got the same thing there.
94e3b812c3da330c4a94a9fedf962c22.jpg

Canadian eh!!!

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Woke up this morning at 8 o'clock to the sound of thunder and pouring rain. Since my wife is gone on a cruise with some lady friends, I rolled over and went back to sleep until 10 o'clock. I got out of bed and I was amazed but yet … confused! There was a big, bright yellow thing in the sky. I didn't know what it was. From the deep, dark recesses of my memory a name came slowly forth, "El Sol", the sun. It was shining. It's been so long.

The temperature is quite pleasant too. It's in the low 60s. If only the wind wasn't howling like a banshee.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
That blue and pink blob is tracking straight north towards us. It's been freezing rain since supper time. Now if it freezes then snows the 25cm they are predicting by Monday morning, we'll be in for a mess. The roads are already glare ice.
3f871716cef43e9e1ef9fe2cb9d2b8d0.jpg

Canadian eh!!!

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
our weather, it's beyond normal-- i woke & took a glimpse @ myelf-- my tresses being vampire redd, suffice to say, i look as tho i've gotten a major injury-- believe my beverage may've gotten tipsy-- thank God they send solvents, & that alcohol takes that away
that, that solvents don't--
that said, i look toward snow--

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Beautiful day, blue skies, sunshine and temperature in the low 60s. The wind dropped overnight and it's almost dead calm. You couldn't ask for more. It's a pity that the ground is so darned wet that you can barely walk on it never mind run equipment over it.

I may sit outside this afternoon and enjoy an adult beverage. I hope that I don't have as much as Luvs.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We're still in a weather watch. So far, it's been like a liberal campaign trail. Just a lot of wind but not much else for action.

Canadian eh!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Well, the country is cut in half from this storm. An hour east, the hwy splits. Hwy 11 heads north then east. Hwy 17 follows the north shore of lake superior. Both are closed due to the weather. The wind has really picked up. Branches from the trees are scattered all over the street. The map below shows the closed highways so far.

Canadian eh!!!
cec77de00383a9de20ac38686901aacd.jpg

Last edited:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
They're beginning to post pictures on Facebook of downed trees in several parts of nw Ohio.
For living in a brick apartment building with double paned windows,the wind is still loud.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
This is a brutal one. I just read of a 50 car pile up on hwy 41 in Wisconsin from this same storm. Multiple vehicles requiring the jaws of life to get the people out. Estimates of 15+ hours closure.

Canadian eh!!!
3c4135f717d4f10ace0fc97529db674f.jpg

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
scads of wind & that seems calm-- sounds of rain making splashing on thru, as well--

Last edited:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
These were the highest clocked winds yesterday.
It's still windy today.
Should be dying down as the day progresses.
20190225_020541.jpg

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Most of our town lost power due to winds last night.
I ran the genny until almost 11PM then shut it down to call it a night and go to sleep.
About 5 minutes after shutting it down, our power came back on. :)

School is closed today as their power didn't come back on my this morning.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Cold as hell and high winds today. I have recorded gusts over 50mph. Driveway drifted over completely. Full blown blizzard and it is not even snowing, just blowing around. I have not even stuck my nose out the door today, to hell with that.

I made a pot of chilli and that should keep me warm. :yum:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
That's a little breezy. It was almost as bad here on Saturday. Sunday was a flat calm but today it's back to blowing. Not as bad as Saturday but some strong gusts. No rain though. I'm tired of rain.
The winds have calmed and it's sunny now.
:smile: