• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

lost my sound on my pc

Durwood RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
It was good a while ago but no sound now. Well, it barely is audible anyway. I have shut the pc down and back on but that didn't help. I have windows vista.
thanks

Dur

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
When I have trouble I sometimes will delete the item such as the sound card and let it re-install. Usually works.

murph

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Looks like an error with the sound driver...is it onboard sound or a seperate sound card??

If you can post the board make and model or sound card make and model number im happy to search for a vista driver for you.

Also be sure a pet aint been chewing cables or just a cable on the back aint been knocked loose....the simple things are the most common.

Durwood RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Well i have sound but only about 1/5 the volume it should be. I reloaded the driver but it didn't help any. I even updated the microsoft things that were due but nothing has helped. I have no pets or anything and was just using the sound ok a few hours earlier. It is an on board sound card. How do i find out what my sound card even is? Weirdest thing...

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
have you checked all the controls?

For some odd reason, occasionally mine change on their own.

Attachments

• sound.jpg
    sound.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 96

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Hopefully you got it fixed easy. I've been working for a year and a half trying to get sound on my Mac. I thought I'd take in the NASCAR race today and use the free 2 week trial for "TrackPass" that allows you to listen to any driver's in car scanner. Yup, you guessed; over 2 hours wasted with tech support trying to get sound from my Mac for the scanner and the final word was "they are supposed to address their sound problems with their new operating system". :mad: I'm getting soooooo sick hearing that about my MacBook Pro!! It seems like there are about a dozen or two major problems with Apple's operating system that is supposed to be fixed with their upcoming upgrade. I've already given up on networking a Mac with their current buggy system. Like the sound problems, that too is supposed to be addressed with the new upgrade. I wonder how much Apple is going to charge to supposedly fix all the problems in their software?

I just dragged this 5 year old PC laptop out of the closet, attached the power cord and I have sound on that scanner no problem. That means that whatever drivers I have that work for the scanner are at least 5 years old. How many years behind are Mac computers?! Gees!!

Anyway, I've never had a problem with sound on a PC except when I've had speakers plugged into the wrong outlet in the back of the computer. Hopefully you have yours working.

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
It's kinda hard to diagnose your issue without knowing what you've tried already. Have you checked your volume levels? Left click the speaker icon in your task bar, click "mixer" and see if all the levels are at max. Then right click the speaker icon, left click "playback devices" Click on your device and then hit the "properties" button. This should pull up several tabs. Click on the levels tab and make sure the volume is up there, too.

I would also go to to control panel, device manager, sound and see if the device is working properly. Hope this helps.

Durwood RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
It's kinda hard to diagnose your issue without knowing what you've tried already. Have you checked your volume levels? Left click the speaker icon in your task bar, click "mixer" and see if all the levels are at max. Then right click the speaker icon, left click "playback devices" Click on your device and then hit the "properties" button. This should pull up several tabs. Click on the levels tab and make sure the volume is up there, too.

I would also go to to control panel, device manager, sound and see if the device is working properly. Hope this helps.

I found it in speakers balance by going where u said. The L and R balance was all the way down while everything else was turned all the way up. I guess it changed on its own like PG said. :hammer:Thanks a lot...now i can get on the youtube train. lol

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I think ever since I had to roll back some of my drivers, then replace them at one point (sound) then updated to Service Pack 3, that's when I'd noticed the speaker icon wasn't there.

1.This is what my task bar shows (mind you, I always shut down Weather Bug and Quicktime as soon as I reboot and am officially online).
2.My sound recorder and volume control are here.
I know where to find them if I need them. :)

Attachments

• TB.jpg
    TB.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 82
  • info.JPG
    info.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
I don't know what y'all are runnin', but Durwood's using Vista. Isn't he up and running now?

I think you're posting XP stuff.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't know what y'all are runnin', but Durwood's using Vista. Isn't he up and running now?

I think you're posting XP stuff.

I guess I missed that he is using Vista.:doh:
Yup, you are up and running now, yes Dur?

I am on XP and when I had to get a new sound driver I used this.

http://www.officialdrivers.net/realtek-drivers.php?gclid=CL6ph73R25oCFRK1FQodsEsY2w

Hey, that sound driver is good for XP and Vista!
Keep that in mind Dur, if you ever have a sound problem again! :D

Attachments

• info1.JPG
    info1.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

Durwood RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
PG you can right click on your volume control and pin to start menu. If you get it on the desktop there is a way to add to taskbar also.