• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The USPS

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
My wife has one of those print a mailing label with postage accounts. She printed a box and didn't get it mailed the same day. I took it to the post office to get it fixed.

They had to cancel the tracking and issue a new tracking number. It doesn't happen often, so the counter person had to ask a supervisor. IN under five minutes, I walked out all done and no cost. The package will be there tomorrow.

As I was thinking this over a few thoughts came to mind.

While US Mail is called snail mail and much aligned. Some call it unnecessary in today's society, when they discuss eliminating Saturday delivery a hue and cry erupts and congress passes an act preventing them from doing that. UPS doesn't deliver Saturday or Sunday. The USPS delivers Express Mail on Sunday.

Yup! They are the good folks that bring me junk mail every day. What, maybe five or six pieces, easily slipped into the recycle bin? I get more than that in an hour in spam e-Mail.

Would you deliver a letter across the country for less than a dollar?

Read any contracts lately? Most say that contact by US mail to a supplied mail address is binding.

I have never gotten a computer virus in my mailbox, scams are really easy to spot and it is a federal crime to tamper with delivery, which is taken seriously. Not so much in my inbox.

All in all the USPS is a pretty good organization.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I have no complaints about the USPS at all. They get stuff here as fast or faster than UPS does. And .....my mail lady is a cutey!:clap:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'd agree Andy, for the most part. They are not perfect but they do a damn good job most of the time in spite of congress keeping their nose in things and dictating how they should operate. Giving up Saturday delivery is a no brainer. I'd be fine with mail only being delivered two or three days a week. No problem. Instead of running it like a business congress forces them to run it in a way that they are always in the red. :bonk: :bonk:

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I have no complaints about the USPS at all. They get stuff here as fast or faster than UPS does. And .....my mail lady is a cutey!:clap:

Bill, the relief carrier on this route is a cutey too!

No complaints here. I had trouble with delivery when we lived in town. We moved to the country 9 years ago served by a small rural post office. Dealing with them reminds me of the small post office at home 50 years ago.

I like their flat rate boxes too. Inexpensive way to ship heavy stuff.

Dropping Saturday and maybe Wednesday would be fine with me, or maybe Monday, Wednesday, and Friday?

Jim