• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Called 911

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Driving down the road tonight after dark on a 4 lane highway I was coming up on this car and was going to pass. The right side of the car was tilted down a tad bit and the car was making some loud noises. I was going to pass and get around him but as I got close I knew something was wrong as he was all over the road. Sparks starting flying from underneath the car. I backed off as I did not want to take a chance. Kids with me. I finally figured out the car was running on the rim in the front. This guy speeds up and now is driving 75 and is all over the road, sparks flying and he turns his lights off. I call 911, reported the area and within 4 miles there was two cops all over this guy. Dang I have to hand it to the Sheriffs department cause they acted fast. As I was talking to the 911 operated it made me feel good that someone else was calling in also.

I don't know what this guy was thinking but he didn't have many brains driving well over 70 on a rim. I will have to get the newspaper for the area and see if they say anything about it.

murph

Trakternut

Yes, Sushi, it is possible. Not a real brilliant move, but, possible. I'm betting the driver was drunk, thought you were a cop trying to pull up on him, which is why he sped up. Good you backed off or he would have overdriven himself and crashed.

Way to go, Murph! :thumb:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I'm betting the driver was drunk, thought you were a cop trying to pull up on him,

What I don't figure is he had many chances to get off the highway and get on a gravel road to get to where he needed to go. But he stayed on the main road. As for being drunk yeah maybe, but his going all over the road could have been just riding the rim too.

But really what it boils down the guy was just down right stupid. They caught him in an area town just after he got off the main road and headed up the frontage road. I know a guy that lives up there and am hoping he hears the rumors.