Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN

Go Back   Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN > Agriculture & DIY Forums > DIY Forums > DIY Interior Decorating Forum

Old 02-14-2014, 12:05 PM

Patt is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kitchen Revamp this Spring

LMAO - Oh, how I wish you could find one that fit every need you have today. Personally, I'd be on the lookout constantly, if I were you. After all, they do say that becoming older makes us children once again. I say take advantage of every perk out there as getting older flat out sucks. If there is a bonus - take it - embrace it - blame someone else. LOL

You never said what furniture you came across on ebay. I just spent several moments of time searching for the perfect dining table set. I have a new one - it's counter top height, but I'm none too comfortable with the chairs that go with them. So far though, I do find one of the chairs perfect for my work bench in the garage.

That sort of tells you how 'attached' I am to this set, doesn't it?
Old 02-14-2014, 02:21 PM
Silver Member

Thanked 5,877 Times in 2,087 Posts
FrancSevin has a spectacular aura aboutFrancSevin has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patt View Post
LMAO - Oh, how I wish you could find one that fit every need you have today. Personally, I'd be on the lookout constantly, if I were you. After all, they do say that becoming older makes us children once again. I say take advantage of every perk out there as getting older flat out sucks. If there is a bonus - take it - embrace it - blame someone else. LOL

You never said what furniture you came across on ebay. I just spent several moments of time searching for the perfect dining table set. I have a new one - it's counter top height, but I'm none too comfortable with the chairs that go with them. So far though, I do find one of the chairs perfect for my work bench in the garage.

That sort of tells you how 'attached' I am to this set, doesn't it?
There is a picture of it here in my Construction thread.

http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/showthread.php?t=66493

I will be taking it apart and re-purposing it as closet built ins in the new On-Suite we are creating for the old outdated master bedroom. I still need one more piece. either anothe side unit or an entertainment Armiore for hanging those special dresses and coats.

It must be the Kincaid Cherry Mountain,,,I or II to match. Anybody ever run accross one, I'm a player.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:30 PM

Sounds like a fantastic plan you have in mind. Sometimes you get lucky on Ebay. No doubt you sure did.

Good for you !!
Old 02-14-2014, 08:01 PM
Silver Member

loboloco will become famous soon enough

Patt, I am looking at building some cabinets out of eastern cedar for a lady. I don't normally build cabinets, but feel like I owe this woman a lot. Thay are planed and t&g'd. When I get a cabinet built and sealed I will try to remember to post a pic.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:39 AM

Oh wow. I'd love to see that. Eastern cedar, huh? That's some lovely wood. It reminds me of the redwood found in California. I wonder, does it still contain the cedar smell after it's been cut?
Old 02-17-2014, 02:11 PM
Silver Member

Thanked 5,877 Times in 2,087 Posts
FrancSevin has a spectacular aura aboutFrancSevin has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patt View Post
Oh wow. I'd love to see that. Eastern cedar, huh? That's some lovely wood. It reminds me of the redwood found in California. I wonder, does it still contain the cedar smell after it's been cut?
Eastern Red Cedar always has that smell. Even years after it is made into a finished product. Most cabinent makers do not finish the inside so that the aromatic oils can effervess.

We used to cut 2" X 12" X 1/4"planks of it and hang them in our closets.

BTW, The Eastern Red Cedar is considered by many Native Indians, the Cherokee in particular, to be a sacred tree. Sometimes,when I must cut one down, even a young sapling, I say a prayer. I never cut one that is more than one inch, except for a noble purpose. I just reroute my plans.

Scraggly, nasty, Scrawny, and Pungent.....it is my favorite tree.

Our Ozark Propery has many of them. Although it was clear cut in 2005 and severly burned in 2008,there is a glen where they survived the slaughter of both enemies. It contains one which is over 36" in diameter at the base. Surrounded by a scattered grove of younger trees amidst the Oak, Maples and Hickories, we call the Old Mother. It is our sacred secret place by the brook.