• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

dell all in one print/scan/copy

LarryRB

My printer screen is laden with a lot of gobbily gook. Dell support can't help, the on line tutorial is useless, all I want to do, is get the screen clear so I can fax and copy.. Any ideas?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Can't speak for your dell but my HP, if I hit the cancel or clear a couple times (or cycle the power) the menu (although you can't see it is in its default "Ready" state and it should work. What happens if you try to copy or fax?

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
My HP all-in-one does the same thing at times. Cure is to unplug the printer from the power pack, let it set a minute or so and them hook it back up again.

Jim

LarryRB

well, an update
Yes, I have unplugged the printer for 48 hours and still no change., I wrote Dell, and next day had someone from Tn call direct, After going through the whole thing, and he asking if I knew who the service rep was in India,, ( I did, I wrote down name and his ID#) it was determined that the Indian through remote control did not fix anything, in fact caused more damage.. So, from now on, if I ever have another issue, I will never again agree to remote fix it schemes,,, Not only did the rep in New Dehli tell me to throw the printer in a dumpster, he permanently ruined the camera drivers,,, I have an original digital camera, Back when they sold for 1500 plus and not many were around.. Perfectly running camera, too bad. No drivers available any more and original disk doesn't help.. Back to the printer,, hot shot in TN, sent me a replacement being the original only had a 1 yr warranty,, Had the printer and this computer system 17 months.. 100.00 and I have a brand new all in one printer.. Being the other was out of warranty and quite some time past, I think Dell did very well for a 100 and new replacement. I also ordered a new camera for 170 something......

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good deal Larry.

I know the power down / power up fix can and does work for my computers and for direct tv. Last week we had a thunderstorm. We had lightning very close to us. It zapped one of our garage door sensors, that stops the door from closing. I tried to buy another sensor but they did not stock them at Lowes (where I bought the garage door opener). But the sales guy there told me to unplug it to get it to reset itself and do a rediscovery. That fixed it. :thumb:
As computer chips make their way into everything we own unplugging and powering back on might fix issues with all kinds of stuff.

edit to fix my BF (brain fart) ...see Dave's post for my screw up.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Doc said:
It zapped one of our garage door censors...

You censor your garage door? Is this a person you pay to stand around and censor the door's language? Or did your door have wardrobe malfunction one day when the kids were in the car?