• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

We needed each other

Diva102

Rusty can confirm this story....

I rescued a cocker spaniel the beginning of this summer. Rusty was fostering him after his girlfriends brother moved out of his ex's and had to leave the dog (Harley) who was abused by the ex girlfriend. It's lucky I never met this girl cause I'd rip her limb from limb now.

Harley looks exactly like the cocker I had growing up and now he's just as spoiled. We're still having some problems when he gets scared and goes submissive, he'll piddle but it's gotten MUCH better since he first moved in.

I've been unemployed since last November (1 year 11/6!). It's been really really difficult for me cause I'm living with my parents, I'm single and I'm smacking 30 in the face. I'll be finished with Grad school in December so my stress levels are usually off the charts. Some days I can hardly pull myself out of bed for being so depressed. Since my little buddy moved in, life has been easier to bear.

Harley is my company during the day. He snuggles with me all day while I'm doing schoolwork and we go for walkies every morning. While, at first, I thought I was doing good adopting this little guy, he's been my salvation, my stress reliever, my confidant, my counserlor and my friend. There really is nothing like having a little dog to love because they (unlike most men!) will love you unconditionally!

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Diva,

By chance do you have any pics of the little feller? Glad it all worked out for you. And no pics of Rusty with the dog unless you can crop out Rusty.

loboloco

Great looking dog, DIVA. God bless you and Rusty for that.
I believe owning a dog makes one a better person because a dog believes you are the greatest, best thing in the world and if you are a halfway decent human being that makes you try to live up to their ideals.

CityGirl

Silver Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Cockers are one of my favorite breeds. I had one in college. He was a super sweet dog and once he was house trained, he never piddled even when he was excited. When our daughter was little, we got her a cocker and one day she asked me "Mommy, why does my dog always look so sad?"

Let me add that I think pet ownership is very therapeutic. What a blessing that this dog has come into your life at this time.

Diva102

Cockers are one of my favorite breeds. I had one in college. He was a super sweet dog and once he was house trained, he never piddled even when he was excited. When our daughter was little, we got her a cocker and one day she asked me "Mommy, why does my dog always look so sad?"

Let me add that I think pet ownership is very therapeutic. What a blessing that this dog has come into your life at this time.

It is!! The whole atmosphere in my house now is lighter, happier. He's sitting next to me right now, looking out the window for squirrels!