• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Is there a filter hiding under this? Or it somewhere else

Idris

1992 PB240D

Hydraulic filter.

Hydrofilter.jpg

If it's under here, how do I get the thing off? the center lugs have been chewed up by a previous monkey. I've had a strap wrench round the outside and a 6ft bar on it and nothing.

Hydraulic fluid and filter was the one big thing I never did last autumn/fall.

Can't call PB as they send me to the local guys and they will only work on it their workshop - the towing fee is about half last winters turnover (or the price of a used small cats in the USA).

What filer is it and where can I get one?

Thanks in advance Tom

Hi Tom, yes that is your hydraulic filter housing and yes the cap can be difficult to remove. I use a tool that has a long square shaft that is the perfect fit too wedge between two of the "lugs" on top of the cap. It is about 2' long and gives me enough leverage to break the cap loose. I have no idea if there was a special tool made for this cap or not? I've seen them in much worse condition then yours, just keep trying!

I buy my filters from Pisten Bully p/n 8.216.543.320 and it includes a new ring for the cap. It is an Argo filter made in Germany p/n S2.0923-00 but I have never tried to source one directly. I would verify the number for your machine but I would be surprised if it was different from mine.

Pisten Bully tech services is a 24 hr hotline that has always been very helpful even on the older machines I own. BTW they consider anything older than 5 years old! LOL.

the Tech number is (775) 857-5030

Randy

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
it is treaded ,mine looks the same . a long filter is inside .
my part number is different .if you get set up you can look up parts directly and see how it is put together.
the pistonbully wep page has a link to it. I had the pb parts person help set it up for me.