• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Lost a great volunteer yesterday

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
An older woman who volunteered at the shelter taking care of kittens and socializing them passed away. She was at the shelter and complained of a headache. The owner loaded her and her daughter up and took her to the hospital but she died shortly after getting there. She was a great lady and her and I talked whenever I was there. She was the one I put up hand rails for in the kitten area so she could balance herself when she bent to pick them up. A very pleasant lady who could make you smile no matter how bad of a day you were having. She had been battling cancer for the past 2 years and we talked about treatments etc. quite a few times. Will miss her and her smile a lot. RIP Marge.:flowers:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
She sounds like a fine lady who will be missed. My condolences.

wanderer

condolences here too mule.
Love that you put up handrails for her so she could keep at it.
In a world where many would have said, "well if you can't do it it's time to stop,"
you made it so she could keep going. kudos sir.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry to hear about your and the organizations loss.

My S-I-L is chairperson of the local APET-SPCA (Animal Protection of East Texas) and I help out round there quite a bit, especially since they've moved into their new premises. The loss of even one dedicated volunteer like Marge, can be a downer for the whole organization.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Saturday is the annual picnic and get together for volunteers. I will miss sitting and chatting with her. Seems like we always ended up eating and chatting together. I am sure there will be a few tears shed when she is remembered. We would like to get a plaque made up for the juvenile room I built to name it for her. She loved to go sit in there and play with the young ones. They went through a bit of withdrawal when she passed.