• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Look what flew over the house today!

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
While sitting on the neighbors porch for Memorial Day I happen to see what looked like balloons come over the horizon. When I called it out it happen to make a slight turn and head right our way. Now we live in a rural area 70 miles from the Pittsburgh airport and this is the last thing you expect to see. It couldn't have been more than 500 feet above the ground. Brought a little excitement to Blanket Hill!

Attachments

• P1020614.JPG
    P1020614.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 98
  • P1020615.JPG
    P1020615.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 98
  • P1020616.JPG
    P1020616.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 97
  • P1020619.JPG
    P1020619.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 97

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm surprised you don't see more BD. There's a thread somewhere on FF (from a couple years back) where there was either 3 or 5 that flew over my house (in formation if there is such a thing for blimps). IIRC, Good Year hangers some or all of them in Akron so we're sort of in their flight path.

Cool though, especially when low like you had. Ours were much higher.

While down in FL a couple weeks ago, 10 balloons flew right over, nice and close. I'll post pics when I find that SD card...

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I thought aircraft were supposed to be 1000 feet up?

Shoot it down! ;)

I hear that terrorists are using 50 caliber rifles to take down commercial aircraft, at least that is what the Brady Campaign claims :whistling:

AndyM

Charter Member
we used to live a few miles from goodyear's blimp hanger...
a blimp over the house was a daily thing.
there was one time there were five blimps, which was a big deal... because they had just built a new one and the one it was replacing was still flying... five goodyear blimps at once i think one happened the one time since world war 2.