• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Rant here about Prius

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Seems they made a change in the middle of the model year to the front brakes. Pads I bought fit OK but the shims from the factory don't. AND they are at least 1/8-1/4 too thick. No way in hell that caliper would fit over them. So, I have the damn thing tying up the center bay in the barn till tomorrow.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Death Before Prius!

Attachments

• death before prius.png
    death before prius.png
    55.7 KB · Views: 198

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
That Prius goes fast enough that you need brakes, can't you just put your foot out on the ground like Fred Flintstone to stop it?
Anyway if you can't beat 'em join 'em time to get a buggy like your Amish neighbors.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
It is a good little car for my needs. What else can you run 1,000 miles for under $80?

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
It is a good little car for my needs. What else can you run 1,000 miles for under $80?

feet & friends can get u far. my feet have gotten me places so quickly @ times. so have friends, public transport, & choosing to be early.

Last edited:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Just got back from the parts house in Pa. Turns out the pads I needed are the ceramic racing pads. The other ones were for the old style and totally different. The ones i originally got were for mine but way too thick in pad material. Maybe they made a thinner rotor?

Ceramic adds 3 hp and 12 mpg. Racing will add at least 15 mph to the top end, AND it'll get through the chicanes a LOT quicker.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
All done and test driven. I can't complain about 66,000 miles on pads. They had some life left but not another year worth. Wish tires would last longer. You only get about 30K out of those little ones and they don't make them with enough plies for our roads around here.

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QodB0BObiZo"]For all Toyota Prius owner (or soon to be owners) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMrAKxDDemw"]Jeff Dunham Spark Of Insanity - Peanut - Part #2 - YouTube[/ame]

:smile:

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I test drove the Ford C-Max this weekend. I ended up buying a Jetta TDI but the Ford C-Max was a nice car. It has a decent gas motor in it which gives it that driveability when you need it. Looks better than a Prius too.

280px-Ford_C-Max.JPG

If it had a bigger storage area in the back I would have given a serious thought.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
What's a Prius? A STD? :yum:

It worse. Much much worse. Doctors can cure most STDs.

I ended up buying a Jetta TDI
Good choice. Prius may get slightly better fuel economy, but it will always be a Prius. When I bought the Jetta TDI for Melen I looked at the price difference between the Jetta TDI (fully loaded) and a comparably equipped Prius. There was no way to cost justify the extra cost to buy a Prius with comparable factory equipment. Plus there was the driving in snow factor on those tiny tires. And of course, the "shame of ownership" factor.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
If VW did not have such crazy dealer zones I would have gladly bought one. 90 miles to the nearest dealer is nuts. It is only 43 to the Toyota dealer.