• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Thieves try to steal fuel but....

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
It's a karma kind of story but I somehow doubt that it is true. I'd need to know what kind of "bus" it was that that you can siphon sewage out of. I've been RVing for a long time and I've never seen a black tank that you could do that to.

Bamby

It's a karma kind of story but I somehow doubt that it is true. I'd need to know what kind of "bus" it was that that you can siphon sewage out of. I've been RVing for a long time and I've never seen a black tank that you could do that to.

There is a good chance that buses may utilize a vacuum sewage system and the tanks are sucked out like porta johns, and many boats. It would make sense as it would eliminate the fragile parts of a gravity system underneath the bus.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
There is a good chance that buses may utilize a vacuum sewage system and the tanks are sucked out like porta johns, and many boats. It would make sense as it would eliminate the fragile parts of a gravity system underneath the bus.

Maybe. I've just never seen one like that. In most RVs the dump valves and such are enclosed within the body of the RV. Mine has a macerator pump, also in the dump bay, to pump it out. I still think that I'd like to know what kind of "bus" we are talking about. I'm still a little skeptical but willing to be convinced.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Maybe. I've just never seen one like that. In most RVs the dump valves and such are enclosed within the body of the RV. Mine has a macerator pump, also in the dump bay, to pump it out. I still think that I'd like to know what kind of "bus" we are talking about. I'm still a little skeptical but willing to be convinced.

Dump valves are simpler and cheaper to install and use. Hence they require no operator to facilitate the emptying of your RV tanks. The process of vacuuming your disposed Blackwater/Grey water out of the ground tanks is the only reason that system works.

With a fleet of buses it is simpler and more efficient to skip the ground storage tanks and just pump out the on board tanks. It also prevents hooligans from opening the tanks to drain on city streets.