• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Police chase 2 unarmed car thieves, fire 137 shots ... suspects murdered by police?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Two unarmed suspects were slain by police officers after a 25-minute pursuit. At the conclusion of the chase, which may have included up to 50 police vehicles, 13 officers drew their weapons and unloaded at least 137 rounds in to the suspects' Chevy Malibu. No weapons were found, and there was no evidence of return fire. The police were so violent and so reckless that they even shot up their own cruisers with friendly fire.

If there is no evidence of a weapon and now evidence of return fire then are the police guilty of murder?

Cleveland, East Cleveland officials seek answers after police chase ends with 13 officers firing 137 shots, 2 people dead

East Cleveland chief: No weapon found in chase suspects' car, no evidence of shootout

East Cleveland: Rapid fire lasts longer then 20 seconds

11931136-standard.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Plo15wdOLfw"]www.youtube.com/watch?v=Plo15wdOLfw[/ame]

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I'm pretty sure a vehicle operated in a certain manner is considered a deadly weapon.

I do think the police need to work on their marksmanship.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Must have been a slow night.....

Of course it's murder, but no one will be found guilty.

It's how too many LEO's operate these days, and too many cop shows on TV...

Regards, Kirk

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
I do not think charges should be filed at all.....a 2000+ lb vehicle is a very deadly weapon and besides why did it run?..is that not probable cause?....If a cop hits me with lights...he/she better be ready to stop....cause Im going to hit the brakes......cause it is unlawful to run. Is it not?

Besides asuming I am traveling well over the speed limet[whitch I usely am..]..I dont need two charges:whistling: One other small item....did they not steal the car.????

Last edited:

Kane

I'm pretty sure a vehicle operated in a certain manner is considered a deadly weapon.

I do think the police need to work on their marksmanship.
Indeed. A well-placed double tap would have ended the flight, and it would have been categorized as a a "good shooting". End of story.

But 100-plus rounds?

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I know dogs will instinctively chase and kill critters that run from them. It would seem the police have adopted the same instincts. I don't think we want them this way. Problem is how do you disapline police? Cutting their funding would do, but leave us without their protection as well. Maybe unpaid furlows for each officer that fired a gun in this event? Suggestions?

Regards, Kirk

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I know dogs will instinctively chase and kill critters that run from them. It would seem the police have adopted the same instincts. I don't think we want them this way. Problem is how do you disapline police? Cutting their funding would do, but leave us without their protection as well. Maybe unpaid furlows for each officer that fired a gun in this event? Suggestions?

Regards, Kirk
The police are not there to protect us. They are there to file the paperwork after a crime and enforce the law...which means protecting themselves. WE are responsible for our own protection, which is why everyone should own, and be proficient with a handgun. If you wait for the cops to show up to protect you, you're a fool.

Kane

The police are not there to protect us. They are there to file the paperwork after a crime and enforce the law...which means protecting themselves. WE are responsible for our own protection, which is why everyone should own, and be proficient with a handgun. If you wait for the cops to show up to protect you, you're a fool.
but, but, but ... not according to Bob Costas. And he's a professional, speaking to millions at half time.