• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Just a little spring shower?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
About an hour ago DaveNay mentioned that he was getting a bit of rain :whistling:

As I live about an hour+ drive east of Dave its only a matter of time before his weather hits us. The house is getting slammed with 00 Buckshot size hail. Lots of lightning and thunder, and a heck of a rainstorm. Weather service has NW Indiana under a tornado watch too but the wind actually died down. It was blowing REAL HARD just before the rain/hail. Now the wind is almost calm.

Lights are flickering. Looks like we may be on generator power soon.

I'm just curious though, what happened to sun? Normally when the sky is this dark the moon is out :sad:

The weather radar image below shows the storm just west of the IN/ILL state line so the image must be from a short while ago. The front edge of that storm is now on top of us. For reference, I live on the IN/IL state line northeast of Kankakee on that map. DaveNay lives a bit southeast of Rockford on that map. Its ugly out there folks, take cover!

Attachments

• Picture 3.jpg
    Picture 3.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 35

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Keep your head low Bob & Dave. One like that came through our area a few days ago. Made a mess. Not like Brent's, but trees down and such. I put the kids in the basement while it was coming through.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks for sending it to us! Have the tiller ready to do garden tomorrow and now it is soaked again.:hammer:Chicken coop is ready to move out of the barn as well. Might just do the best I can cause if I don't I may as well forget about planting the garden anymore this year.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Coming home from the twin cities this evening we hit an area where it looked like rain just went through. Water standing all over and in the fields. A mile later a tractor was chisel plowing and the dust was flying. That rain shower had to be pretty isolate and came hard.

Still can't get in our garden. I have 6 rows of corn planted, my wife went down three nights ago to plant some tomatoes and the plants look just terrible like they were in a flood. Not sure they will make it. I am expecting my corn to pop out any day now. Last year at this time I had corn up to my knees.