• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

I sir am a idiot !!!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I never go to into my downstairs garage . My kids use it for storing their crap that they are to lazy to haul off to their own homes . The overhead light quit working years ago and since I never go in there I could have cared less about fixing it . Figured I would fix it when I got to use it again .
So I go buy a new lite thinking the old ballast burned out because now I have decided that I will just rent the old place out until the economy turns around after I been dead for 30 years .

I installed the new light and hit the switch ..... zip, nada, nothing .....WTH ??? I go check my GFI's and breakers . they are ok . Then I decide to pull the switch cover plate off . Hey ! This is a 3 way switch ??? Then I remember that my kids piled a mattess up in the corner where the outside door is .I had forgot about that . Is there another 3 way switch over there ???

IT CANNOT BE THAT SIMPLE !!!! I knew what was wrong . That hidden 3 way was mis wired . Sure as shit the switch was flipped up and when I switched it down I was rewarded with light !!!! All I had to do was correctly wire the switch and it only took me 10 years to do it !!!:sad::sad:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Poobah,

I wouldn't say idiot. An idiot wouldn't have figured it out, especially after 10 years.

That said, the idiot was the one that wired it wrong in the first place. I hope it wasn't you...

So, did you see any treasures in your kids "stuff"?

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Poobah,

I wouldn't say idiot. An idiot wouldn't have figured it out, especially after 10 years.

That said, the idiot was the one that wired it wrong in the first place. I hope it wasn't you...

So, did you see any treasures in your kids "stuff"?

I'll never know if it was me or not . My Dad helpped wire the old place and it could have been either one of us .I remember Dad always had trouble remembering how to wire a 3 way . I am willing to take the hit and still say I am the idiot since Dad passed away a few years ago and ain't talkin :unsure:.

I mean I never use that exterior door out of the lower garage . I bet it has not been opened 3 times in the last 20 years . I just plain forgot about it . Since the door opens onto the lower deck ,that I also never used ,it was just forgotten through the years .:doh:

Treasure my butt ! You ever see a kid leave anything when they leave the nest, that was worth a shit ???????:sad:

All I got is crap and empty candy wrappers .

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Do like i did Al. Load it up and deliver it and tell them here it is. The storage center just closed. Took the last load to Florida in the suburban. I helped them out the whole time they were in the Army but when they got their own plaves they got all their stuff back.