• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New Upgrade

RoadKing

Silver Member
Site Supporter
I'm setting up a small shop to do some woodworking. One thing I've always wanted my entire life is a good table saw I found a great one on Craigs list two years ago a 3hp Delta industrial. It came with outfeed tables a great fence and a digital height adjusting router table. It's really helped me finish my house.

Last spring my old Craftsman band saw died and was impossible to reasonably repair so I started shopping and settled on a Grizzly 2hp 17". I have never owned a Grizzly tools but found them very well reviewed on woodworking web sites. So far I'm very happy with it. It seems very well built, the parts that needed assembly fit very well. although It's like going from an old 1/2 ton cheyenne with 200k to a brand new 2500 Silverado deisel. Anyone have any experience with Grizzly?

Attachments

• craftsman-12-inch-band-saw-1.gif
    craftsman-12-inch-band-saw-1.gif
    63.5 KB · Views: 54
  • g0513x2.jpg
    g0513x2.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 54

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
i dont believe ive had any personal experience with grissly equipment, but i have heard alot of good things as far as reliability goes

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
No, I've no experience with them at all. I still have the Craftsman saws I brought here with me 13 years ago. The idea was always to upgrade them once we got settled in but they're still there and they still work fine so until one of them smokes it .....

I've read good things about Grizzly products though so you should be very happy and I am a little bit jealous. :whistling::whistling:

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
I have the 14" "ultimate" band saw -- have been happy with it.
If you ever get a chance, hit one of their tent sales - I picked up a "blem" 3' X 6' maple butcher block bench top for $107 a few years back - once I found the mark that caused it to be on clearance, I figured they saved me the first ding by 5 minutes. I also got a pretty sweet deal on a DeWalt cordless tool kit from them right before I started building the house.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
All the Amish cabinet shops have a bunch of Grizzly tools. They are well built and hold up. They adapt them to belt drive off a jackshaft running the length of the shop.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have a complete Grizzly woodworking shop 15 years old. Overall, I have been satisfied
Bought new, all of it worked well out of the box. I would buy Grizzly again. Had on repairs and only minor adjustments since new.