• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snowcat Museum

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, I have pondering the Idea of a Museum in the Midwest central to the USA of Vintage cats all kinds. pre 1980 at this point. So we are actively
pursuing those older cats,parts,manuals,drawings,spec sheets,photos.
we are willing to pay a premium for good restored cats. or if you wish to donate them. the museum will by non profit. We have a warehouse of 45,000
square feet. we will also use this as our rebuilding area for old cats with a viewing area. so if you would like to preserve a piece of history with your cat
lets talk. I would in vision over 100 cats in the active display area. budget for cats 1.5 million

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
Great idea...I've been doing museum acquiring/planning for a subset of the Thiokol line-up. I'll put up $1.5M to establish an East Coast location... or if we wanted to focus on 6-series & TM on East Coast and then get a West Coast person to cover another line... so there could be 3 major hubs and for people with niche ownership there can be spokes/satellite locations to these 3 hubs.

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
Or do $1M on West and $1M on East and then $1.5 center so center/midwest is the nerve center or snowcat nirvana covering all brands and models. I think the absolute center of the univerise is the Ox. ;)

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Well..... you guys can work on the finances and locations .... I just want to know one thing ...... Do we get to drive them or are they just going to be a static display ??? :w00t:
:17875:

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
Boggie---how about an indoor snow area at HQ for year-round museum-goer runs? Also, I nominate Bobcat for the West coast hub with the Krusti line-up as the main showcase. Funded by the National Seismic Foundation or Bob's pocket or both. I think it would be awesome to do a snowcat version of:
http://www.diggerland.com/
attached to the Boggie-museum with the indoor snow park.
Build it...and they will come!

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, I have pondering the Idea of a Museum in the Midwest central to the USA of Vintage cats all kinds. pre 1980 at this point. So we are actively
pursuing those older cats,parts,manuals,drawings,spec sheets,photos.
we are willing to pay a premium for good restored cats. or if you wish to donate(1) them. the museum will by non profit(2). We have a warehouse of 45,000
square feet. we will also use this as our rebuilding area for old cats with a viewing area(3). so if you would like to preserve a piece of history with your cat
lets talk. I would in vision over 100 cats in the active display area. budget for cats 1.5 million

1. How about loaners?
2. As in 501(c)(3)?
3. Free or ticketed admission?

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Bobcat, loaners would be a good idea, but then there's the liability of damage
concern, Fire theft. would have to be owner insured. but insurance on a loaned piece to museum should carry a deduction for the owner.

admission of some sort would have to be charged to sustain the museum or it becomes a hobby and falls under code 183 that would be determined after operating expenses were known.

socal4t12

Ill be the west coast connection,,,but i dont have the $1 million to throw out there,,,hell i dont even have the $100 to become a member. Mainer,,,your amazing, put me in your will!