• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Museum Quality Imp

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
OK guys... we all know she's there... I'm going to throw it out there ... guesses on what she'll go for?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...220189045904&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:MOTORS:1123

Most of us would say Bill... so maybe... but then, this baby is special so it may fetch a 'collector premium' by someone out there that would minimize the reseller benefits...

Heck, I'm even tempted and I haven't been bitten by the Imp bug yet like SnowOps has! :thumb:

Ebay Auction said:
Vehicle Description

1973 Thiokol Snow Cat, This vehicle has 94 original hours..... YES 94 original hours. It was bought for use on a ranch here in colorado and was garaged and never used much. The model is an IMP 1404/WTFC. It starts and runs great, and I put 1000.00 into maintenance (tune up) due sitting for an extended period of time. The engine is a Ford 4 cylinder industrial engine. It has 32 inch wide tracks that still have some of the original paint that has not been worn off. Rubber is new and there is no weather checking. Vehicle measure 7 feet wide and 10 feet long. and has a height of 6 feet 6 inches w/ rack. The former owner had the gas tanks moved from the inside of the vehicle to the outside to prevent the cab from becoming inundated with gasoline fumes. The Engine model # is 10tgf-6003-c/sc-22 60E. The interior is carpeted, it seats 2 in the front and 2 in the back, and it has 2 heaters, one front, one back. I have driven the machine for 24 hours and it is a sweet running machine. If you have any questions please call me at 719-256-4555 I will deliver the vehicle to the winning bidder for 2.00 a loaded mile, or buyer is resposible for shipping.

Attachments

• 5b6d_1.JPG
    5b6d_1.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 315
  • 61aa_1.JPG
    61aa_1.JPG
    20.3 KB · Views: 319
  • 64c2_1.JPG
    64c2_1.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 320
  • 67fd_1.JPG
    67fd_1.JPG
    17.7 KB · Views: 317
  • 6064_1.JPG
    6064_1.JPG
    19.6 KB · Views: 313
  • 62f1_1.JPG
    62f1_1.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 318
Last edited by a moderator:

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
Could be... but I did ask the seller if he'd be interested in some sort of a mhmmm... uh..er... buy-it now option...you know, just in case SnowOps wanted to add to his collection... the owner said he's running the auction to the end.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Still only one bid, maybe nobody is watching....

Or the sharks are circling with 1300 hits, and it will get 90 bids in the last ten min's....:)

Bulldog1401

Anybody seen my marbles?
SUPER Site Supporter
Whataya spose that bulkhead between the front and rear seats is? My buddies 1404 doesn't have that.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Whataya spose that bulkhead between the front and rear seats is? My buddies 1404 doesn't have that.

I don't know, mine had the heater in the same place, but after the inside was insulated, the extra heater was way too much and removed. Looks like they put a storage box around it after removing the gas tanks.

The gas tank idea is a good one on the outside, but I would have angled the tank ends to deflect branches and such. The way it looks now, the tanks are a thin gauge metal and square and would rip off or punchure really easy on the trail. The stretched metal boxes look like they would be great for taking samples of all the leaf and branches that pass by...

Mine looks pretty much the same except I removed the paint with the intentions of painting it, but haven't gotton the time for it yet...

Still haven't seen another with the louvers on it like mine.... starting to wonder if that was a one time deal or special order made for that unit... Sure works out well in the cold when I shut down and want to keep the heat in the engine...

Attachments

• Dons Photos 009.jpg
    Dons Photos 009.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 264

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
I would sure like to be the first one to put some scratches down the side of this Imp. Then it would be a real snow cat and not a desired museum piece anymore...:yum:

I am going to venture a guess it goes for $13,800.00 and will have a lot of bids late in the auction.....Just a WAG...:thumb:

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
I can't believe it's gone!!!!!
Alright, who's the sneaky one?
Come on...fess up... it's all in good humor... but we (the cumulative mass of the forum), are eager to know! This puppy was special... and I bet someone paid some bank for it.

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
OK Snow Ops... you got it didn't you?
Anybody have top secret satellite access to zoom in around 'The Tent'?

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
Right out of the shoot! REDDOGTWO called the closest at $14,600!
I bet it went to Bill.

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
You get deep-inner reward and extra emails! Now many forum-folks will ask you the price of subsequent auctions so they may too phone the seller and buy before the end of auction! Does it get much better?

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
It was just a swag. It would do me no good in Florida where we are heading shortly for the rest of the winter.

REDRUM

Seller ended the auction for me for 10K and called back an hour after and said he had a guy that wanted it for 20K and he felt bad but broke our deal.

After reading the above post stating it went for 15K I called him back and he again said it sold for 20K.

Sure was a great imp :-(

Now I am going to look at a 69 imp locally.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Dont feel bad. That Imp was only worth 10K! We will soon have a new Member on board who will be selling three of his Imps. 8K to 10K and they are in good shape! I have dibbs on one right now! I bet you will be gettin a call soon from that guy asking you if your still interested. When the new owner sees how small they are and drives it he wont be so willing to fork over 20K.

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Welcome to this forum, Redrum !!!

I hope you'll stick around and join in the fun.

Maybe , when you get an Imp, we can have an Eastern Snowcat rally :)

Thiokol2track

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Welcome to this forum, Redrum !!!

I hope you'll stick around and join in the fun.

Maybe , when you get an Imp, we can have an Eastern Snowcat rally :)

What a great idea pixie ! Can we start from your place?? I'm in !

REDRUM

Snowcat Ops I am very interested in seeing what this new member has for Imps! Where are these units located?

Pixie many thanks for the warm welcome and a snowcat rally sounds great. I have a 77 1340 m/e tucker thats up and running right now so let me know when you and Thiokol2tracks are ready :thumb: That would rock!

Where in the granite state are ya Pixie?

Homebase is in Nashua for me but we spend alot of time up north.

Last edited:

REDRUM

Pixie did you find your imp in NH? Do ya know of any more :) ?

I have located a 69 imp with the old style tracks and a 2 person cab with the flat bed on the back for 7k. It has the less desirerable rear end I have been reading about here but it was owned by a snowmobile club and from the sound of it, its been well cared for.

What do you folks think of 7K for this unit?

I really want a imp like fogtenders so my plan is if I end up with a flatbed imp I will fabricate a rear personel carrier for the back out of alluminum.

Last edited:

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Redrum, yes, I bought my Imp in NH. In Milan (north of Berlin). That's also where my woodlot is. Don't know of any Imps for sale right now.

Snowcats aren't allowed on the state snowmobile trails anymore. That's why the guy sold the Imp. But part of the snowmobile trail is on my land and most of my abutters are also timberland so I'll see if I can find some logging roads that would be a good route and get landowners permission. May not work out until next year ....

Maybe someone from western northern NH will know a route already ? :)

alaska120

Mayor McCheese
SUPER Site Supporter
Spent the first 18 years of my life in NH.
My brother and I used to spend time on Tumble Down Dick Trail near Sanbornville.
Shortly after we stopped going there someone put in a ski lodge...
Those old logging roads made for some great trails!:wave:

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
I really want a imp like fogtenders so my plan is if I end up with a flatbed imp I will fabricate a rear personel carrier for the back out of alluminum.

Hey, if someone wants to pay me too much for my Imp it is their's....:yum:

Just needs a paint job to be 100% Sexer....