• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Starter details

alaska120

Mayor McCheese
SUPER Site Supporter
OK. I've done due diligence and searched the site but still need some help.
I have a pile of starters but can't figure out how the he?? to mount any of them onto the bell housing.:argueing:
Please, does anyone have some photo's ???
Thanks!

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
If you are dealing with a Snow Trac starter there's an entire thread on it. There are some special angle clips that go on the studs(10MM), and one mounting ear of the starter has to be cut off. It's actually covered at least 2 places here, one being under "Variator" and the other under Starter.

alaska120

Mayor McCheese
SUPER Site Supporter
Been there and studied the photos under the variator section.
It appears to me as though the stud on the transmission goes unused as far as the starter 'ear' is concerned. I don't have any angled parts (or rather don't know what they look like) and can't visualize how it attaches. The threads are a great help but in this case it isn't enough.
I received this Snow-Trac in 'basket-case' form and am winging it to put it together.
Thanks,
Jason