• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Help, having sticker shock!

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Dargo said:
Great. No wonder it burned more than alcohol. :eek: I didn't use it where a midwife would, but I did use a relatively minimal amount. If you don't believe me about the burning part, give yourself a nice cut and squirt some of the ole super glue in the wound and see if you don't make some sort of face. :thumb:

Back to work. Bleeding stopped. :1062:
Actually, I think I have tried this in the past and seemed to remember it wasn't that effective. I had trouble holding it all together while getting the glue on and not getting my other fingers stuck on.

Fortunately for me I got the lovely Dr. Mrs. PB to bring home some suture kits. She cringes when she sees my handiwork and absence of proper "sterile technique" but the end result is good enough for me.:eek:

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
PBinWA said:
I was going to make a comment about how the perineal region was so close to the a$$hole and that made me think of you but I don't know you well enough for that kind of witty insult! ;)

Okay, here's the wound... :whistle:

Attachments

• wound.jpg
    wound.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 68

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm approaching half way on the project about now. I just may get it done before summer. :D

Here is a "Bob like" (looks sorta greenish for some reason) phone pic of the inside of my closet floor.

Attachments

• floor.jpg
    floor.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 55

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dargo said:
I'm approaching half way on the project about now. I just may get it done before summer. :D
I'll bet if you try harder you can string it out until fall.:whistle:

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I finally finished!! I don't have pictures of all of the bedroom yet because I'm simply too tired right now. I ended up putting down just under 600 sq. ft. of hard wood flooring in my master bedroom. I wish I had a before picture of how crappy it looked with the 12 year old carpeting, but I don't. Here is just a quick picture of one corner of the bedroom where you can see some of my handy work on the floor. I think I'm going to actually have a drink now. :thumb:

Attachments

• Floor Finished.JPG
    Floor Finished.JPG
    142.8 KB · Views: 44

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
So now that you have that brand new floor, has Mrs_Dargo picked out some new furniture yet? :yum:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks good Dargo. One day we plan to switch from carpet to hardwood, but I see a boat upgrade coming first! :D

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
So now that you have that brand new floor, has Mrs_Dargo picked out some new furniture yet? :yum:

Don't give her any ideas! :( Tomorrow is her birthday. Besides, she already shot way over her 10k limit on all of her solid oak bedroom furniture the way it is. The armoire alone weighs over 300 pounds. That was a blast to move along with her dresser, chest of drawers, lingerie chests etc., etc. Heck, she even has a couple of dressers in her closet! Now she wants wallpaper in the bedroom. I'm really beginning to regret this 500 sq. ft. bedroom! :eek:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dargo said:
lingerie chests
I'm impressed!!!

Not only does she have a chest for lingerie, but it's listed as being plural. :whistle: BTW, :weneedpic

No wonder he has so many kids :yum:

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
PBinWA said:
Looks great Dargo! So how many days of effort did it take?

Thanks guys. I can honestly say that I really did work my ass off doing this job. I now know that there are plenty of "short cuts" that an installer can do that a home owner wouldn't find out about until way too late. Being that I am so picky (so I'm told) and have had issues with several different contractors for what I consider subquality work, I figured that I'd do this one myself since I'll see it just about every day for the rest of my life. Besides, I saved right at $4500 in labor by doing the entire job myself.

I'm still a bit sore because I refused to use any "tapping" block or tapping tool at all when putting the floor down. My theory is that if one piece doesn't go into the next piece with reasonable force by hand alone, there is something wrong. It may be that the piece is bad (happened), or the sub floor is not level (happened), or even that there is too much or not enough adhesive etc. Basically, brute force was not an option. Anyway, by doing everything right and being very precise in my cuts and trimming the bottom of door frames and making sure that the floor height exactly matched the stone floor in my master bathroom as well as exactly matching the existing wood floor in the hall (I used no transition or reducing pieces), it took me about 6 full days of work all told.

P.S. Oh yeah, BC, she does have more than one lingerie chest. :(

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I know how you feel about getting other people to do work for you. It's a huge flaw of mine. I hate having other people in to do work because I know they are going to take shortcuts. At least when I do take a shortcut then I know exactly who to blame and have a good idea of the implications. The money savings of doing it yourself is also huge.

Did you use staples, nails, or cleats? You must have done some wacking to get everything in nice and snug - otherwise it's going to be too loose.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I finally finished!! I don't have pictures of all of the bedroom yet because I'm simply too tired right now. I ended up putting down just under 600 sq. ft. of hard wood flooring in my master bedroom. I wish I had a before picture of how crappy it looked with the 12 year old carpeting, but I don't. Here is just a quick picture of one corner of the bedroom where you can see some of my handy work on the floor. I think I'm going to actually have a drink now. :thumb:

Dog piss!!!

Now that this wood flooring has lasted nearly 20 years through 5 kids, countless dogs and hundreds of parties and family gatherings, Mrs. Dargo wants to go ahead and finish the family room and living room in the same wood. Everywhere I look "discontinued". :sad: Hell, that is even with prices approaching $10 per sq. ft. for the stuff. Granted, it wears like iron and continues to look good, but now I need to match it. Any ideas? It was originally Hartco Pattern Plus. The 2nd go round it was Armstrong/Hartco 551420 random lengths Pattern Plus.

I get a reprieve on the girl's rooms; she wants bamboo in those rooms. No problem and about 1/5th the price. Any ideas where to look? I'd have to think someone somewhere has several boxes of this really expensive shit in a warehouse and would love to sell it. I just need to find that person.

Attachments

• Floor.jpg
    Floor.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 30

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
You know - Lowes has this great no-glue vinyl floor stuff . . . oh wait I forgot about your "mansion". :poke:

:hide:

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
You know - Lowes has this great no-glue vinyl floor stuff . . . oh wait I forgot about your "mansion". :poke:

:hide:

You can't tell that picture is from the corner of my trailer with the vinyl floor that looks like wood?

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
LOL I was reading through this thread and wondered who revived and old one.... only to find it was the OP.... :doh: Good luck Brent! Glad I am not in your shoes!