• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Monsters and Cryptids

Desert Dude

Anybody here seen one?

I've read about them, and heard stories about them all my life.

My brother wanted to go out into the desert to look for animal sculls and arrow heads, etc. a few weeks ago. He invited me to go because I was bitching about never getting out.

He picked me up early Saturday morning. I came out with my AK-47 and his eyes got as big as saucers. I told him I wanted to do some target practicing. He told me I wouldn't be able to use it where we were going.

I put it away, but kept my pistol. I won't go out in the wild un-armed.

Turned out he'd decided to take us to the lake. Lake Pleasant. Now I could see why I wouldn't be able to use my rifle. to many people camping and riding on dirt bikes and quads around.

But this time there was almost no one there, not even on the lake.

We went way around back and started looking around. That's when I noticed the quiet. No sounds. No animals. No bugs. I started to feel un easy. Things were not right, I'd never been to the lake and found it so quiet and deserted, ever.

I saw one duck on the little cove we parked near, maybe two. A young couple camping. One guy fishing on shore. And a couple of dirt bikes were buzzing around, but that was about it.

We went out into the desert farther from the lake and split up. He followed a wash, and I climbed a small mountain. We found a few interesting items, but nothing to speak of.

Before we left, we went around to the main lake. I still had that bad feeling something was off that day. He sensed it to.

We walked along the shore and I noticed there were no minnows or crawdads, not a single one. He noticed there were no waves. The lake was almost completely flat.

We split up again and he climbed a big hill, while I stayed walking along the shore, searching for any visible signs of life in the water.

Just then I heard a flop out on the lake. I yelled up to him "Did you hear that?" He said yes. I said "I think that was a fish!"

Then he said he saw some big dark shadow under the water passing the cove buoy and pointed to it. I couldn't see it because I was at water level. I told him it was probably a school of fish.

That un easy feeling came back, so I started distancing myself farther from the shore as I walked. We left for home soon after that.

Two weeks later, the pieces of that trip started coming together after I started listening to peoples 'true' stories on a TY channel I found about cryptids and monsters.

One guy said his dad told him if the crickets stop chirping, the frogs stop croaking, and the animals go quiet, something bad is in the area.

Then there was a story called "Lake Unpleasant".

The girl, or woman said she went swimming in Lake Pleasant (didn't give the date) and swam pretty far out from shore. That's when she saw a creature that looked to be about 8 to 10 feet tall on the other side of the lake.

She said it was just standing there looking at some nearby swimmers over there. Then it walked into the lake and disappeared under the water. She freaked out and swam her ass off to get out of the lake, and swore to never go anywhere near that lake again.
:shock:

I can post a link to that guys YT channel, if anyone is interested. But be warned, you'll never go camping or swimming again after listening to some of those stories.

Desert Dude

Thought I'd share a comment I found on one of the videos I saw..

"Be me. Go camping. Pack tacticool rifle with flashlight. Sleep well."

:mellow:... :yum:

Don't go out camping with a friggin folding pocket knife and a Coleman lantern, bring a big gun and a 1,000,000 watt spotlight.

Sweet dreams.