• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I haven't actually felt a thing, but I feel I may be experiencing some weepage.... :smileywac

You probably are.
Just make sure you take the pain meds that I trust were prescribed, and lots of fluid.
It's going to not be pleasant for a few days when your bowels have to move.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Mowed the lawn, did some trimming and weeded some flowers and that's when I noticed my Rosa Rugosa bushes were being invaded by a horde of Japanese Beetles. They were not there yesterday, but today was a full scale invasion. They must have rode in on the cold front that come through yesterday.

Not to fear. Old TR was lock and loaded and ready for a fight. Armed with my trusty pesticide sprayer filled to the brim with that nasty skin burning, gloves and hat and goggle wearing pesticide SEVIN I attacked unmercifully. I expected no quarter and gave none. Mid way through my pump sprayer ran out and the enemy gained a level of enthusiasm and momentum, but a quick reload finished the job.

The ground is littered with the corpses of those rose eating bastards. But they are no more. I was victorious. :thumbup:

I will reconnoiter the battlefield this evening for any stragglers and again in the morning. :clap::boxing::thumbup:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Lazy day at camp. Did some finishing touches on the kitchen. All done. Been relaxing watching the lovely missus play kings crib with a friend of ours.

Bamby

Been invited and need to attend the neighbor's 50th Wedding Anniversary this afternoon. Always been good neighbors and have been there for me during my resent struggles. Requested no gifts, just my presence.....

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Lazy Sunday here.
Been browsing the net,will go wash the car later since they've finally finished repairing the street in front of the apartment building.
That's it!

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Good Morning ! Just changed oil ,and filter on the Tundra . I’ll give it a bath a bit later when the temps drop and it’s not in direct sunlight . Gonna go down o the shop in a bit and butcher a few chains . Enjoy your Sunday !

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Lazy recovering day at camp after a couple rough nights around the fire. Hopefully the cobwebs dissipate before tonight.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Our apartment complex is having a bbq this evening in the back lawn area, nice folks that I've met so far!
-Bring a side and your own drinks-
The dogs and burgers are compliments of Caesar and 'noisy George'.
:yum:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Been slowly packing up all day at camp to head back to town. The kids start school weds and we want a day in between to get readjusted to the schedule. Early bed tonight for the kids.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Pulled up the carpet in the living room and dining room.
Ordered 3500 lbs, 1000 sq ft, of 3/4" thick solid oak Bruce floor to put down.
That will be it then for a while on projects.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It started to rain, then storm.
The others went under the veranda to sit on the patio with beers.
I thanked them, then walked around the fence and came inside.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Kids start school tomorrow so we did a mock run of the morning routin today to get them used to getting up dressed fed etc in time to head off. The oldest one has a lip on. His bus used to come around 8am and he struggled to make it in time last year. This year he gets picked up at 7:40am.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I was up before the birds and made a huge breakfast, then answered some email, got a visit from the lady next door who had made this wonderful tart last night.
She brought me over the recipe.
I go in to work at midnight and work til 8am.
Off hours, but I'm not questioning anything.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Mowed the lawn, did some trimming and weeded some flowers and that's when I noticed my Rosa Rugosa bushes were being invaded by a horde of Japanese Beetles. They were not there yesterday, but today was a full scale invasion. They must have rode in on the cold front that come through yesterday.

Not to fear. Old TR was lock and loaded and ready for a fight. Armed with my trusty pesticide sprayer filled to the brim with that nasty skin burning, gloves and hat and goggle wearing pesticide SEVIN I attacked unmercifully. I expected no quarter and gave none. Mid way through my pump sprayer ran out and the enemy gained a level of enthusiasm and momentum, but a quick reload finished the job.

The ground is littered with the corpses of those rose eating bastards. But they are no more. I was victorious. :thumbup:

I will reconnoiter the battlefield this evening for any stragglers and again in the morning. :clap::boxing::thumbup:

I can just see yo standing over the dead, hands victoriously on your hips, beaming with the pride of victory like Superman at the end of the movie.

:clap::clap::clap::yum::yum::yum:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Spent much of the week end in my self imposed 4' X 8' prison ce3ll,,,; AKA the new powder room dealing with paint issues. Cathy did not use the sealing primer I had bought for the walls, instead using the "most expensive one" at Lowes. It didn't stick to the dry wall paste.

So al of the corners bubbled or pulled loose when I tape them with low tack painter's tape.. Add to that the three colour paint scheme and it has been hell. I have had to peel mud sand and repaint every inside corner walls and ceilings. But, I'm down to the last corner today and all should now end well.

Already installed two sconce lights. Took an hour for each, cheap parts. Two trips to the store for a small packet of tiny #8 screws:hammer: because what came with the fixtures were too short or wouldn't thread.

Tonight I hope to finish painting the ceiling and, if nothing bad happens, onto the tile floor on Wednesday. Thickset mortar with almost no cuts. Just for the toilet drain hole and a few 1/2 pieces at the door and end of the room. 6" X12" tiles in a 49 1/2" by 98" room. With grout lines, a perfect fit.

By the coming week end I can have a 1:00 AM pee just five to six steps from the bed.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I've been in the kitchen doing dishes and mopping the floor, then made Aimee's perfecto rice and fried egg for lunch.
Huevo Frito Con Arroz baby!
She taught me how to make fool proof rice.
Yay! :yum:
20180904_121356-768x768.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Had a great night at work.
Made the mistake of..
A. Napping beforehand last night.
B. Making a Circle K coffee run at 4 this morning.
I'm wound!
I'll crash this afternoon just like last week.
:hammer:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Took my 2006 Chrysler Crossfire Convertible out of mothballs this morning. First time I've driven it since March of 2017.

It was like driving a new car.

Needs new rear tires and a State inspection/emissions so I can get new plates and put it back in the garage. So after 50-70 miles the computer will record for the emissions. That's four trips to work and back. Yippie!

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Up early. Went to work early so I can get out of here. Breakfast places don't open early enough around here. Dog is sleeping in. Need more Coffee!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I've been up since 5am.
My sleep schedule is messed up from the night shift, then napping.
I don't think I'll be doing those from now on, if I can help it.
Today is big grocery shopping after Aimee gets home this evening.
It's much cooler outside.
Going to enjoy the day, as well as tomorrow being off, as I work this weekend.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like we are driving about 135 miles south to look at, and possibly purchase, a motorcycle. Then after leaving the dealership we will head an hour northeast to Bloomington and take Melen out to dinner. Returning home late evening, with or without, a motorcycle.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Good Morning ! Had my coffee ,visited a few sites ,washed the Tundra . Not sure what is on the remainder of the schedule . But, it won’t be outside chores .

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Good Morning ! Had my coffee ,visited a few sites ,washed the Tundra . Not sure what is on the remainder of the schedule . But, it won’t be outside chores .

Looks like I’m outside a little longer. Spraying weeds in the front pasture.

Anyone need spiney pigweed, FREE , PICK YOUR OWN!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Lashing the grandson's new canoe on top of the speed boat we are rebuilding. Putting a new tarp over both for the coming winter. I cannot store either of them inside right now.

The speed boat was mine from 1970 and needs a new stern along with new seats and interior work plus carpet. My son owned it for a few years and now, after he helps me rebuild it, the craft will belong to the grandson.

It's a fish and ski. With no windshield or obstructions on the deck, it makes a reasonably good fishing boat. Powered by a 55HP old Chrysler motor it did about 30 MPH. I plan to repower with a 60 HP 4cycle Merc.

One cannot ski behind a sailboat. So perhaps next summer, I can teach the grandkids to ski and maybe getup on them myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.