• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Reactions in the heat of the moment

Gunsrus

Every society and every individual tend to react in different ways to taunts. Yet, they may share common reactions. I'd like to put a question to you all about one in particular.

Let's say I get into a quarrel with someone, he makes me mad and I say to him,

'Thirteen years of marriage, three daughters and no sons, what are you shooting, birdshot?'

I commented on this to my sister and she said the man would be very offended and the person who said that would get beaten up, because he'd feel you're saying he's underperforming.

What would your reactions be to such words?

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
I think it's a stupid thing to say because the gender of the children is not an individual's choice and has zero to do with sexual performance.
If I were an intelligent man I would ignore it because the person who said it is either stupid or just trying to be annoying.

Gunsrus

I think it's a stupid thing to say because the gender of the children is not an individual's choice and has zero to do with sexual performance.
If I were an intelligent man I would ignore it because the person who said it is either stupid or just trying to be annoying.

You're right, the man can't choose whether or not he has boys or girls, but the fact remains that the egg contains only an X chromosome and each sperm has either an X or a Y chromosome. I can't find any sources that say that a woman can have a Y chromosome, so only the Y in the sperm can make the baby a boy.

Here's a link to the fact truth that woman can't determine the gender...

http://www.baby2see.com/gender/

What it all boils down to is that some men produce only bulls, others only heifers, or some, a mixture of both.

leadarrows

It is such a stupid thing to say I would laugh at the person who said it. It is not uncommon for me to laugh at stupidity though ....that's just me.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
It takes a bigger, stronger father to raise girls.

If you have a son, you have one boy to watch.

If you have a daughter, you have to watch all the boys.

Gunsrus

It takes a bigger, stronger father to raise girls.

If you have a son, you have one boy to watch.

If you have a daughter, you have to watch all the boys.

Interesting ideology. Why would the daughter need to watch the boys?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Interesting ideology. Why would the daughter need to watch the boys?
The daughter doesn't watch the boys. The father does. Needs to protect his daughter (and keep the chastity belt tight).

rugerman

When we were making our family our first child was a boy, so we did all the tricks to increase the chance that our second would be a girl (we failed). So we didn't have to do anything special to get a boy but we did all kinds of stuff to try and get a girl, so the dad with all girls would seem to be a lucky fellow (not saying that boys are any less desireable).