• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

A story of my neighbor

Toxic_Cupcakes

This story is about 3 years old now, but it still gets me.

A few years ago i had a neighbor, an elderly gentleman who I shall name johnny here. He was a bit odd but was a vet, and a smoker, sadly he was a very ill man, he had issues with his liver, kidneys, you name it he had it. He as well lived with his adult son.

I often spoke with him outside as he smoked out on the stairs amd after a while i would keep him company when his son was at work as he got lonely. He as said was odd and had some interesting stories about him. He was very kind and would bring over sweets to my door across the way, buy kids and some adults ice cream from the ice cream truck, and was alwaysba friendly man.

One day I had gotten a few extra bucks and went out for a soda, came back and i saw S.W.A.T. was infront of my building...they were after his son. I heard the flash bang and my mom falled me freaking out.

I won't disclose why swat was there.

But the son was on the run and Johnny couldn't afford rent and had to move out of state with his ex wife (who was a pain) and daughter.

I helped him with the last of his stuff and by this point ive known him a while. Before he left he gave me his 100oz super mug from circle K and said "You sure have grown a lot...I dont want to leave, im going to miss you." He said with tears streaming. We hugged and i teared a bit.

The following few months everyone missed him, the ice cream man always stopped in front and would just keep waiting for him, people would knock with goodies for him and he would never answer. This was a man that when he left everyone noticed.

He died withen a month, who i heard it from he was just depressed and his body just gave up.

I was silent when i heard the news and just moved on. A week later i went to bed and had a dream.
In this dream I walked out of my door and saw him sitting on the stairs and called his name, he smiled and came over to me and i said "Johnny...I thought you were gone..." He smiled and said in a clear voice (he normally mumbled) 'I'm always around, just wanted you to know that.' He smiled and hugged me.

I woke up sobbing, and I smelled cigarette smoke. His brand he always smoked. (My family doesn't smoke and all the windows were closed.)

And still. To this day. I use that 100oz mug and always think of the guy, i bought a new one and keep that on display, i never wanted to risk losing it or dropping it and having it crack.

Writing this now makes me tear up a bit, but i wanted to take a moment to remember this man.

R.I.P. to a great man.