• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

SUPER RARE TUCKER FOUND ! NEED HELP!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I got a call tonight from a gentleman here in California that owns this Tucker . IT is a 1952 and is a sedan convertible . He needs information on it . I have never even seen one ,much less know that Tucker ever made a convertible . He just emailed me these pictures . ITs not running at this time but it sounds like it is complete with the trailer ! OK you TUCKER EXPERTS! HE needs help and is interested in knowing what it is worth . I have no idea . HELP PLEASE !!!!

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'll give him 12$ thats TWELVE$$$$$$$$$$$$ dollars for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am leaving now I should be there in 20-24 hrs..............

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I'll give him 12$ thats TWELVE$$$$$$$$$$$$ dollars for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am leaving now I should be there in 20-24 hrs..............

Mike ! I am not kiddin ! This is the neatest thing I ever saw and can't get the pictures to load

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
Send them to me with a phone ###### and I will load them really I will.................... Yep um maybe I will.....

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
I don't think you're getting any signal out, Al.

If you want, email them and I'll give it a try.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
OK Cali should now have the pictures . Hopefully soon you will see them .
FIRST DIBS !!!!

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
Al's Tucker Sno-Cat Sedan Convertible.

TuckerConvertible007.jpg TuckerConvertible008.jpg

TuckerConvertible009.jpg TuckerConvertible010.jpg

TuckerConvertible011.jpg TuckerConvertible012.jpg

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
That thing is so cool . It looks like the front wheels flip down so it can be used on the road ??? The owner says he has only seen one other like it . So what is something like that worth ?? I have not the foggest idea :neutral:

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
I'm glad to help.

I love it! If my kids were that age, I can't imagine better family fun.

But I think the fading in those photos means those kids shown are all grown up by now.

Is the owner asking for informal bids? I think he'll get a fortune for it.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I believe he is looking to sell it . It is parked outside and from what he told me , it was running when parked . It would not turn over last time he tried to start it . I will be getting together with him and hopefully take some current pictures of it . He lives here in my town .

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
Are you thinking about buying it and taking it to Idaho?

If you are trying to help him get top dollar then I think wait until the snow flies, maybe wait until people are thinking about Christmas shopping, then put it on Ebay with a high starting bid. As Don Lancaster (self-proclaimed Ebay guru) says: If it sells the first time you list it, your reserve was too low.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I don't think it would work well in the Idaho backcountry . I would love to own it ,but it depends on what the owner is willing to sell it for . I think it would work great for going back and forth to town from the ranch .

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
In one of the pictures, the wheels are down and the skis are lifted up off the ground

edit.........actually the first picture shows it that way too

Attachments

• Tucker.jpg
    Tucker.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 1,368

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
In one of the pictures, the wheels are down and the skis are lifted up off the ground

edit.........actually the first picture shows it that way too

I did not even notice that ! The convertible is factory , not something that was done later , according to the owner . I have never seen one so I have no idea . Still need a idea of what its worth .

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
kind of remindes me of the chalmers snow jeep oh by the way there is one of those running around here i will have to get some pics also fore those that might have a snow jeep i know of a whare house full of nos stuff like tracks and know the owner i will talk to her about an invitory if some of you are doing any mv restorations

aksnocat

There's another Tucker roadster (trailster?) like that one in Alaska at the Alaska Transportation Museum in Wasilla.

This one was purportedly originally owned by a guy named Harry Truman (no, not the president) who was a cantankerous old guy who lived on Mount St. Helens. He was one of the people who died when St. Helens blew, because he refused to leave his lodge when the authorities told him he should.

Apparently he sold it to a guide in Alaska just before St. Helens blew and it had several owners before it was donated to the transportation museum.

I saw and took photos of the cat several years ago.

It appears to have the rag top frame like the one Al's found. I also noted that someone had modified the front end, adding some beams that come from the frame to the steering assembly (disabling it) and then grafting on a front axle from a car as well as tie rods to actuate the steering.

I'm not sure what the big hook things sticking out of the side of the hood are, but they look like they could be factory.

There was also a trailer like the one Al's found.

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 726
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    270.6 KB · Views: 688
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 652

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
There's another Tucker roadster (trailster?) like that one in Alaska at the Alaska Transportation Museum in Wasilla.

This one was purportedly originally owned by a guy named Harry Truman (no, not the president) who was a cantankerous old guy who lived on Mount St. Helens. He was one of the people who died when St. Helens blew, because he refused to leave his lodge when the authorities told him he should.

Apparently he sold it to a guide in Alaska just before St. Helens blew and it had several owners before it was donated to the transportation museum.

I saw and took photos of the cat several years ago.

It appears to have the rag top frame like the one Al's found. I also noted that someone had modified the front end, adding some beams that come from the frame to the steering assembly (disabling it) and then grafting on a front axle from a car as well as tie rods to actuate the steering.

I'm not sure what the big hook things sticking out of the side of the hood are, but they look like they could be factory.

There was also a trailer like the one Al's found.

Great pictures ! I still have not met with the man to give him a idea of what it may be worth . Any help on this is greatly appreciated .

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
OK!
I talk with the gentleman's wife a few minutes ago . ITs a beauitful day here so the Mrs and myself are loading up the pups and going on a very long drive into the high country !I have directions to where the Tucker is stored . I should have some current pictures by tonight .

WISH ME LUCK!
BigAL

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
There was one of those here in Nenana in parts, when the guy that owned it died, it came up missing shortly thereafter....

I had talked with him about buying it earlier, but he said it wasn't for sale...

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
No Luck ! Owners wife got confused about the where abouts . I guess I start over again later :sad:. I guess I got within about 50 miles of it but I have yet to see it in person . I now have a call into the owner himself and hopefully I can get some current pictures soon . Sorry Guys .....

Last edited:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
OK! Just got a call from the owner tonight and I am going to try again on Monday Morning .:smile:

I guess I was just a few miles too short on my first trip to get pictures . :sad: