• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Houseboating fun

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I had to work this weekend, but still managed to get some time on the houseboat. I am still amazed at how much fun you can have going slow. Going fast was the best part of the Baja, now this Gibson houseboat we do 12 mph and that's moving along. Or we just idle at 5mph and mozy along. Boats can tie up alongside and ride along. No problem. It is nice to have so much space.

Anyone else here a houseboater?

Our Baby Girl:

Attachments

• 50ft_Gibson1r.jpg
    50ft_Gibson1r.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 142

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We sure are off to a GREAT start. The weather has been perfect for boating.

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Now that my daughter is married, I requested the new husband provide me a key to his 21 foot Sea Ray that he keeps on Lake Powell as her dowry to us. He said something about me helping with the dock/storage fees...:yum: They also have a large houseboat to use and stay on overnight when vacationing down there. I hope to be going on the next trip to Lake Powell to see how my new Sea Ray and overnight accommodations on the houseboat are....:yum: Not sure if it was a fair trade yet....:coolshade I may need more....:thumb: L2R, please post some pics of my new Sea Ray and the houseboat from your Memorial Day weekend when you have time. I did not save them.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
:yum: :yum: sounds reasonable.

I've always wanted to boat on Lake Powell. All the pictures I've seen from there are so unique. I understand Lake Powell is exteremly low right now. I think 3/4 of the country is hoping for a bunch of rain, included us here in the Ohio Valley.
If you make it to the Lake, be sure to take a few pics and have a brew for me. :beer: :D

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Next door neighbor just got a 24' pontoon boat. Went fishing w/ him on it last weekend. Really nice to be able to get up and walk around while trolling. His has a 115 HP Merc O/B. Will do 25 MPH.
Mike

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
They are making some darn nice Pontoons nowdays. My brother in law is on a 26 foot one that has a bathroom and a sundeck. I'm not sure of the size of the motor but it will also run in the mid 20's. Not bad at all. :thumb:

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Pardon me for not saying this to begin with,Doc. That is a nice lookin' houseboat. Hope you get to enjoy many days on it.
Mike

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks Mike! We sure have a good start on a summer full of good days on the river. :D The weather has been great for boating. We are taking a gang of folks out for a sunset cruise Friday night. The city lights look great when seeing them from the water. (I've tried to get pics to share here but so far none have come out as intended.)