• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

So now we are going to have drones checking on what we are doing.

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
http://weeklyworldnews.com/headlines/43740/u-s-to-use-drones-on-americans/

Congress passed a bill this week allowing the government to fly unmanned spy planes in the U.S.

The FAA Reauthorization Act, which President Obama reportedly signed, orders the Federal Aviation Administration to develop regulations for the licensing of commercial drones by 2013.

Privacy advocates say the measure will lead to widespread use of drones for electronic surveillance by police agencies across the country and eventually by private companies as well. They fear that law enforcement will actually use the drones in attacks against criminals in the U.S.

“There are serious policy questions on the horizon about privacy and surveillance, by both government agencies and commercial entities,” said Steven Aftergood, who heads the Project on Government Secrecy at the Federation of Aviation Scientists.

The Electronic Frontier Foundation also is “concerned about the implications for surveillance by government agencies,” said attorney Jennifer Lynch.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: So new we are going to have drones checking on what we are doing.

Right now, atthis very moment, youcity and county administrators are viewing your back yard from space. The will survey it to see if you are in compliance.

Put in a pool lately?
How about that back patio with a new roof extension and perhaps window and siding?
More than the allowable number of dogs?

Bump out a wall for a larger bathroom?
Or park acamper trailer where it doesn't belong?

It is easier to view all this from the comfort of an air conditioned office down town. And then just send out a summons.

Or an invoice.

This drone thing is just an amplification of what the government already does. All for our own benefit and the common good, right? :unsure:

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Franc is 100% correct. I noticed that my county updates it's GIS aerial maps every year. The only thing that will change is that instead of a piloted plane it will be a drone.

I suspect there are companies hard at work providing automated systems to "report" any significant deviations in property and buildings from year to year. It wouldn't be that hard to provide a pattern analysis and flag a lot for further examination by a tax adjuster.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just waite till one collides with a manned plane...:whistling:

Or crashes into a populated area. Besides the city's have an air traffic issue anyway I would think...:wink:

Or they get brought down by someone who can do it, a hacker, who may gain control of one....:yum::yum:

I know wishful thinking.:ermm:

My the world we live in these days.:sad:..I wouldn't have guessed this one for sure.

Kirk

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Google Maps has been doing it for quite awhile too. Don't like it, but it's the future.

Kane

Charles Krauthammer predicts the first man to bring one down with his .50 caliber will become an instant folk hero. And presuming the thing is flying thru his gentleman's farm air space at the time, he may be in the good taking the shot.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Charles Krauthammer predicts the first man to bring one down with his .50 caliber will become an instant folk hero. And presuming the thing is flying thru his gentleman's farm air space at the time, he may be in the good taking the shot.

Oh really.....:brows:

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Maybe a good investment bet - what firms build these things?

I also read one of the houses just passed a bill REQUIRING black boxes in all new cars after something like 2015.

Fuck we need a constitutionalist pres and congress and supreme court or we are so fucked.

I guess we are fucked.

Kane

Maybe a good investment bet - what firms build these things?

I also read one of the houses just passed a bill REQUIRING black boxes in all new cars after something like 2015.

Fuck we need a constitutionalist pres and congress and supreme court or we are so fucked.

I guess we are fucked.

Plenty of used hardware coming home from the Middle East, sans the heat seeking missiles. The trend is so old news that it might be too late for insider investment, but it may not be too late to gin up a voice of populist disapproval for out lawmakers to hear.

Or yes, we are so fucked.