• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Week End Opener of the NFL

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
So this morning when turning on the computer and go to MSN (MY Home Page) they have pictures of Brett Farve all over the front screen. So the saga continues of he did did this and Green Bay should have done that starts all over again. One writer ties Brett with Manny Ramerez and how Boston dumped Manny and now the Dodgers are in first place because of Manny.

So with that how many think Brett will have a great day and win the opener as the Jets go Miami to take on the Dolphins? Oh yea comment before the game starts. :thumb:

murph

Cityboy

Banned
Re: Week Ind Opener of the NFL

I think he should have taken the $20 Million GB offered him NOT to play, and then get a job as a commentator & do commercials for another $20 Million or so.

Wonder how much he's making now?

dzalphakilo

Banned
So this morning when turning on the computer and go to MSN (MY Home Page) they have pictures of Brett Farve all over the front screen. So the saga continues of he did did this and Green Bay should have done that starts all over again. One writer ties Brett with Manny Ramerez and how Boston dumped Manny and now the Dodgers are in first place because of Manny.

So with that how many think Brett will have a great day and win the opener as the Jets go Miami to take on the Dolphins? Oh yea comment before the game starts. :thumb:

murph

I think Farve will not have a good year at New York.

New York fans are no where near as loving as those in Green Bay, and if Farve doesn't do good, boy, will he feel the presure.

Things to consider...

1. Farve has a new offense to learn
2. Farve "got lucky" last year at Green Bay playing the way he did and the team as well.
3. Farve didn't exactly win some of the players over in New York on how he got the job.
4. Fave is elected as team captain?
5. The year can end up being a soap opera for Farve and the Jets no matter what happens and how Farve plays. I see it as nothing more than another distraction.

I sincerely think Green Bay did the right thing and Brett did nothing but come across as a little wimpering bitch.

Farve could of gone into "football heaven" and immortality as "Mr. Green Bay" and just because Farve got "cold feet" and thought he could still play, backed out of his word, put his team in a no win situation wanting to be the starting QB, and now will probably be remembered as a selfish guy who didn't know when to call it quits.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Well he did toss 2 touch down passes today in a 20 - 14 win. One pass was what I call lucky and one was great.

murph

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Didn't get to watch much football today, well actually none except for tonight's Bears and Colts. The Bears Defense looks good, they just got a Safety on the Colts.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes , Kind of . They both lost :hide:
Thwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!
I was looking at a television in the lounge from about 20 ft away from the station today while I was getting my med cart set up.
I asked one of my aides who were playing, she said I think it's the Colts and the Browns, I asked her who was ahead.
She said the Colts:shock: LOL!!
I now know it was Dallas...
Never trust a nurses aide for info on football, eh?
:mrgreen:

lilnixon

AKA LILVIXEN
GOLD Site Supporter
Thwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!
I was looking at a television in the lounge from about 20 ft away from the station today while I was getting my med cart set up.
I asked one of my aides who were playing, she said I think it's the Colts and the Browns, I asked her who was ahead.
She said the Colts:shock: LOL!!
I now know it was Dallas...
Never trust a nurses aide for info on football, eh?
:mrgreen:

Especailly if she is near the meds cart. Ha Ha Ha