Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN

Go Back   Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN > Debate Forums > Political Debate Forum

Political Debate Forum All debates involving Politics goes here. Warning: The posts/threads contained in this section of the forum can get heated.

Old 11-25-2010, 11:44 PM
Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt

Thanked 4,668 Times in 2,144 Posts
Melensdad has a spectacular aura aboutMelensdad has a spectacular aura about
Exclamation N Korea attacks S Korea ~ U.N. response is to give N. Korea more aid $$$$

FoxNews.com - U.N. Secretary General Eyes New Aid, Better PR Campaign, for North Korea

So let me get this straight. North Korea attacks South Korea and in response the United Nations says give North Korea more aid. The United Nations says it is for the starving population but the NK military seizes all aid and does not allow the UN to distribute the aid to the people.

I guess I am just out of touch but it seems to me if you reward NK for attacking SK then NK is more likely to attack SK again. I guess I am crazy because the "smart" people in the UN and hum hum... the US Gov't must be doing what is right. WTF am I missing here

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion:
the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases,
while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage
of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force."
- Ayn Rand
Old 11-26-2010, 12:10 AM
Gone Flyin'

Av8r3400 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: N Korea attacks S Korea ~ U.N. response is to give N. Korea more aid $$$$

This has been the bungling way of handling North Korea since the Clinton era. They "misbehave" and we throw more money at them. Bush dropped the ball and continued the policy, why wouldn't the great affirmative action president follow the UN and do the same. There isn't enough brain power in US foreign policy to know any different.

To do different would actually require taking some sort of hard line not only with the UN and the little wank-job in North Korea, but his main backers: the Red Chinese.

Even Hillary doesn't have the balls to do this.

I'd rather die trying to live,
than live trying not to die.

-Leonard Perry
Old 11-26-2010, 12:36 AM
Wait for it.

Cowboy is a jewel in the roughCowboy is a jewel in the roughCowboy is a jewel in the roughCowboy is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: N Korea attacks S Korea ~ U.N. response is to give N. Korea more aid $$$$

For some reason every time I here anything about North Korea , Slim Pickens comes to mind & how I think he would have handled it . As far as the UN they are Our true enemy IMO .