• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Mattracks expedition to Barrow Alaska

Esninak

Saw these rigs heading back south through Nenana a couple months ago. Notice how the mattracks have removed themselves from the front of the blue rig, lol.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 388

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like some on forgot basic math, when I realize how much the trucks with equipment and spare wheels on the roof weighs. I have to wonder if the whole kitchen sink isn't in the cabin as well.... PSI on the snow has got to be to high for a snow cat type vehicle to do well in really deep snow.

Those way to short for the task at hand Matt Tracks don't stand a chance in the deep stuff.. with all the weight they are carrying, IMHO..

Regards, Kirk

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
the snow in that area isn't deep or soft, it Is drifted rock hard. the snow, like around here doesn't fall with out a wind event ,I have seen areas where if it is cold enough a d-6 can cross a drift and not leave tracks.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
your right it does fall some most just blows around in ground storms just like out here in western ak, the difference is the severe cold that makes things as hard as rock