• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

PHOTOS: "You are doing it wrong . . . !"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bannedjoe

This reminds me of something that happened last summer.

My daughter decided she needed a change in lifestyle, and decided to come live in the boonies with us.
I bought a pickup camper and set it up for her to have her own little place.
Long story short, her alcoholism prevented things from working out, and she left.

I had no use for the the thing, and put it on Craigslist starting at $1900.
Months went by and I lowered it a little every other week or so.

I finally got a call after it got down to $1000.
The guy said he only had $900.
I cringed but agreed to take it.
He asked if it would fit in his pickup.

I told him if he had a regular 3/4 ton pickup, there should be no problem.

The guy drove all the way from Grants NM to come get it.

When he arrived, he showed up with a 1/2 ton shortbed pickup.

I was about to tell him there was no way, but then before I could, he told me he thought he had $900 but turns out he really only had $700.

I was a bit pissed, but wanted the damn thing out of here before it turned into a rodent motel.
I told him he could have it, but for $700, there was no way I was going to help him load it, and he was on his own.

He backed under it, and it was painfully obvious the camper was way too long (and heavy) for his truck, but hey, I had his money, and he was on his own.

I was outside doing something as he was just finishing lowering the thing in with the jacks when I heard a loud bang.
The dumbass had just busted his suspension, or leaf springs.

Oh well.

He threw a ratchet strap over the thing to hold it on, and drove off with the whole mess looking much like that pickup full of wood.

Dollars to doughnuts, he never made it back to Grants.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Someone forgot the drain plug. :bonk:

Attachments

• DoingItWrong-19-100.jpg
    DoingItWrong-19-100.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 231

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
First Place Award in the best way to use potholes contest! :bolt:

Attachments

• E216C8CD-07F0-4F58-8F66-B74F869E8800.jpeg
    E216C8CD-07F0-4F58-8F66-B74F869E8800.jpeg
    82 KB · Views: 154

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
This guy might be the first Hurricane Dorian death ....what a dumb ass ...

Attachments

• DoingItWrong-19-103_FirstDorienDeathComingSoon.jpg
    DoingItWrong-19-103_FirstDorienDeathComingSoon.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 126

Bannedjoe

Useless of course but, THERE IS A LAW AGAINST WHAT HE IS DOING!

Of course there is, but then again, there probably isn't a gas can to be found.

Sometimes necessity trumps law.

These probably couldn't be any worse than the POS, non functional gas cans they sell today.
At least he'll be able to get the gas out of them. ;)

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Of course there is, but then again, there probably isn't a gas can to be found.

Sometimes necessity trumps law.

These probably couldn't be any worse than the POS, non functional gas cans they sell today.
At least he'll be able to get the gas out of them. ;)

Bullfeather's.

Stupidity is why some laws exist. Not just spillage in transit but much of the gas will evaporate inside his minivan on the way home. Any spark source and boom. It's rather unlikely he will make it home.

There is no excuse for being THAT stupid!

Bannedjoe

Bullfeather's.

Stupidity is why some laws exist. Not just spillage in transit but much of the gas will evaporate inside his minivan on the way home. Any spark source and boom. It's rather unlikely he will make it home.

There is no excuse for being THAT stupid!

I could be wrong, but it looks like the ones in the truck have lids.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I could be wrong, but it looks like the ones in the truck have lids.

I'm sure those lids seal really well and stay secure. Not!

Once in my foolish youth, I poured gas from a boat tank on some firewood. I then walked 30 feet and set the tank down closed the lid. Some fuel had spilled on the tank.
No worries right?

I went back and lit the fire. My family watched in horror as a flame literally went across the path I had taken, in the air, and ignited the fuel tank.

Don't mess with gasoline.
No excuses, no exceptions.
BTW, My future father-in-law witnessed this and suggested to his daughter to reconsider her choice. True story.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have a bunch of those buckets and yes, they do come with lids that fit really tight.
Stupid... yes!

As for the new, useless spouts, depending on where you live, you can get an "old school", straight pour spout in many States. Do a search for EZ-Pour spouts. I have replaced all the crap spouts with these.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I have a bunch of those buckets and yes, they do come with lids that fit really tight.
Stupid... yes!

As for the new, useless spouts, depending on where you live, you can get an "old school", straight pour spout in many States. Do a search for EZ-Pour spouts. I have replaced all the crap spouts with these.

So have I.
The best can I have has a pour spout valve. Push and fill the tank. Virtually no spills. I got it at Harbor Freight.

Bannedjoe

Stupid... yes!

I've bought the replacement spouts too.
But it pisses me off that we have to spend even more on an already expensive, useless piece of shit, in order to make it do what it's supposed to do.

I have also drilled a hole in the the appropriate spot on the can, and inserted a tire valve stem with the needle removed so the can will breathe. They even come with a cap.

I'm willing to bet the bureaucrats and engineers who designed these things have never had to fill a lawnmower themselves.

Sure, there's bigger problems in the world, but the little shit like this really makes me wonder just what the fuck happened to normal thinking?

On another note:
The 5 gal water cans at the same stores are already set up properly. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.