• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Stadium cushions/seats for bleachers?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
With my son in high school sports, we spend a fair amount of time in the bleachers. We currently use seats like those pictured below. They're "OK" but would like to get something a little more rigid so they don't wrap around you and if you lean back, you feel like you're going to tip over.

We're looking for something with a frame but not a lot of padding (Don't want it to look like the recliner in the living room) because I'd think that extra padding holds in extra heat.

Anyone have any recommendations?

iu

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
We have a couple from Barton Outdoors. They have a couple of spring-loaded hooks that unfold and (loosely) clamp the
seat to the bleacher. Without the hooks leaning back is risky. BTW, these have arms and an apron at the front where a
person can store small personal items. We got ours at a K-Mart in Wichita but I think they are carried by Amazon.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks DS. Found them on Amazon. Reviews say the padding is thin and quality is mediocre at best. What do you think of them?

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks DS. Found them on Amazon. Reviews say the padding is thin and quality is mediocre at best. What do you think of them?
The padding isn't very thick, but it's still better than sitting directly on those metal bleachers. As to the quality, we have
had them for almost ten years with no problems. [Truth in Advertising: We mainly use them at Special Olympics
events so they haven't exactly taken a beating. YMMV.]