• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Radiator for Thiokol trackmaster 4t-2 needed

Mike8623

OK guys I've been going crazy trying to find something on this radiator, the one noted above and searching all over the internet for 3 days trying to find one or one that was close enough to work. I don't know if I can look at another radiator on ebay. I have found out they were made apparently by Thiokol out of Logan and at some point NSN parts sold them. The manual list the number as 0106022 and NSN lost their number as 2930008906338. Sure would appreciate the guys that have these replying with what they have done when needing one of these or what one they used. I guess the last resort is to have it recored but as I looked on line it appears they could cost thousands.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Mike,

I sent off a email the other day see below these are demensions I took off one of my 4T2 machines but the radiator was in the machine so there rough check to yours

Need down flow radiator
Inlet drivers top 1.5"
Outlet passenger bottom 1.75

Core 19" +-
Flanges to 22.5

Filler neck centered

Overall height 24" +-

Something like your old style Chevy nova with the filler centered ?

We should be able to build that. Price would be $450 plus shipping Let me know if you'd like to place an order (we're about 3-4 weeks turn around right now).

RnD Fabrication
(404) 954-1662
www.RnDFabrication.com
Sparky@RnDFabrication.com

Otherwise the one from speedway was only 249.00 that I posted the other day

Some of these parts for the real old ones are hard if not impossible to find I end up just building them most of the time but I don't do radiators

I did see a 4T series with UHMW plastic attached to the drive sprocket it actually
Looked good and functioned fine it was black material so you could hardly notice
Heated then formed then riveted in countersunk holes I believe 3/8 " material

The 4T series has a large track pitch 5" which was not used on many if any other machines that I know of. Or another sprocket could be adapted

Mike8623

I want to thank all that helped me with the radiator especially Boogie. I have found a brand new one, same as the original, so thanks again.

Mike8623

Well kinda long story. I thought I found a place that had some original radiators. the number in the manual matched but it turned out the NSN number wasn't a match as I found out this morning, so the guy is going to take a picture tomorrow and send it to me so I can see if the one they have is indeed an original radiator. Its been a long time since the 60's so it is a long shot but they may indeed have quite a few of these. So I will let you folks know tomorrow and share info if it works for the 4Ts.

On another note a guy Missoula told me today he may have found an out of the box to fit my machine, if not he had no problem recoring one........so I should find out tomorrow and be buying a radiator of some sort. I'll let everyone know as soon as I find something out........

I've also found someone to do my drive sprockets at roughly $359.00 each. So I'm moving along with my machine. Got a new solenoid today, a new radiator of some sort will be coming along and then redone sprockets. All I have to do is change out some of the discs in the Clutch plates and my machine should be getting close to being winter ready. What a relief, as I will have to rely on it to get in and out of my place this winter.

Mike8623

Well the old boy in missoula fixed me up....got a new radiator and my heater core redone for $345.00. I'm pretty happy with that. Got a workable price for the rubber of my belts. Now the only thing left are my sprockets. I sent them to Salt Lake City, The owner of the Company called and said they were pretty bad. I'm heading down there Sunday to speak to him about alternatives. I fixed my power dividers with new dics so my Cat is moving along, hopefully the sprockets will work out where I can afford it.

Oh I almost forgot, it appears my tracks are adjusted all the way in and I've only got 60 grousers on one side and 61 on the other, so per the book I'm short a few. The book shows a few more than that so I am looking for a few grousers.