• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Brig General John Adams suggest military spending cuts

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Brig. General John Adams calls for some serious cuts to defence spending. He makes a compelling argument that the current behemoth is ill suited to the 21st century and actual national defence. It's nice to see military brass calling for cuts in a major player in US fiscal policy. Every dime counts and everyone's got to take their belt in a few notches. Especially, the military/industrial complex.

Let's seize the opportunity to take control of defense spending - The Hill's Congress Blog

I honestly have to give this guy a lot of credit for having the balls to stand up and take a stand. Many consider any military cuts to be unpatriotic but I think there are opportunities to scale back our military around the globe without reducing our national security.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Ok, but which will he sacrifice? The rounds for the rifles, or the rifles themselves?
Maybe a good start would be quit blowing up other countrys crap we dont belong in in the first place, so we dont have to continue to rebuild WTF we blow up. :wink:

loboloco

Maybe a good start would be quit blowing up other countrys crap we dont belong in in the first place, so we dont have to continue to rebuild WTF we blow up. :wink:
Maybe so, but it never happens that way. The cuts are to equipment and personnel, not to mission. Remember this, the most expensive thing in the world is a second rate military. If we want to cut spending, lets start with agribusiness, green industry, EPA, BATFE, DHEC, the whole social welfare network(which is about 50% of the spending) instead of sending soldiers out improperly trained and equipped to do their job and survive.
Other cuts that would work for the military, reduce the pay of generals by about 20%, but I bet that one never gets to the table. Another, quit building and manning super carriers and go to a lighter carrier design. That one won't make it either. Also, withdraw from NATO as it is now an obsolete alliance and watch the European economy collapse.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I like Trumps ideas on this. Maintain military spending but start charging all these other countries for our services. If they want to overthrow their leader they have to give us their oil cheap. If the Koreans want us to be there start charging them what it costs to keep our bases and troops there. Same for the Japanese and Germans and all the others who enjoy the security we provide them. Let them pony up the bill.