• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

SCAM ALERT!!

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Okay, maybe "scam" is too strong a word, but it was the first one that came to mind. Received a call from someone
representing the Vietnam Veterans Foundation, soliciting donations to help 'Nam vets who were having financial
problems. The gal admitted she was a "paid caller", not a volunteer. I asked about the percentage of the donations that
go to the vets and to their administrative overhead. It took some persistence, but she finally admitted that "around" 85%
went to overhead and "about" 15% to the vets. :w00t2:

Wow. A whole (about) 15% of all donations actually go to help hungry, homeless, hurting Vietnam veterans. I declined
to donate.

This is so sad. :sad:

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes, and that scam isn't limited to these guys. I've found most of them to be that way. I won't donate anything through telemarketers, if I want to donate to the organization I'll take/send it there myself.

BRGTold

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Yea had one of those here about a yearago.. From the local VFW.. offering up a number of items..I agreed to a First Aid Kit (100 pcs.)..for $29...about 15 minutes later ..it showed up at my door..50 bandages...5 alc. swabs ..a roll of gause..and tape.. and alot of filler ..to make it 100 pcs.. never again..lol....:hammer: