• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

State Health Plans vs Federal Health Plans

Truth Detector

I keep hearing the same tired argument from the Progressive Liberals and Obamaholics about how Mitt created the healthcare plan that was the model for Obamacare.

I recently perused through the Obamacare PDF and it was about 974 pages long. It is a stunning testimony to "Legislation gone wild" and in my opinion, semi-incomprehensible at best. No wonder the politicians like Pelosi who supported it lamely stated that they would learn what was in the bill AFTER they passed it. REALLY Nancy?

But the factual point being missed in this debate and by the Progressive Liberals is this simple Constitutional FACT: States can do these things if they choose to because that is their RIGHT. There is NOTHING contained in the Constitution that suggests that the Federal Government can FORCE such a plan on the States or the citizens.

So whatever Mitt did in Massachusetts was a Massachusetts issue, not a Federal issue. The debate suggesting that he is a flip flopper on this topic is false in that he correctly wants to rescind Obamacare from the Federal Governments laws because it is NOT the Feds constitutional right to force the states into a national healthcare plan.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
I keep hearing the same tired argument from the Progressive Liberals and Obamaholics about how Mitt created the healthcare plan that was the model for Obamacare.

I recently perused through the Obamacare PDF and it was about 974 pages long. It is a stunning testimony to "Legislation gone wild" and in my opinion, semi-incomprehensible at best. No wonder the politicians like Pelosi who supported it lamely stated that they would learn what was in the bill AFTER they passed it. REALLY Nancy?

But the factual point being missed in this debate and by the Progressive Liberals is this simple Constitutional FACT: States can do these things if they choose to because that is their RIGHT. There is NOTHING contained in the Constitution that suggests that the Federal Government can FORCE such a plan on the States or the citizens.

So whatever Mitt did in Massachusetts was a Massachusetts issue, not a Federal issue. The debate suggesting that he is a flip flopper on this topic is false in that he correctly wants to rescind Obamacare from the Federal Governments laws because it is NOT the Feds constitutional right to force the states into a national healthcare plan.

<sarcasm>
Damn You!! How dare you bring actual facts into this debate? Don't you realize that it is supposed to be a Touchy-Feely
issue, not one based on some ridiculous premise like facts??
</sarcasm>