• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Quality snow catting today

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Fired right up after a slumber since late may took of and went for a blast around the wheat field (by blast I mean cruise it has been repowered with a mercedes diesel) He then hopped on the trailer for a ride out east:

124_7062 (Small).JPG:sad:

This jumped on the trailer for the ride home:

124_7067 (Small).JPG:w00t2:

He got the same blast around the wheat field, and boy can a Tucker kick

Up some dirt. Bring on the snow!
This was the add.
http://s8.zetaboards.com/snowgroomingtalk/topic/8346284/1/#new

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks.
I had big plans for dicks Mer-Bi, It was headed towards a mini hagglunds project. But it is now going to be a 5 person.
The new owner is very talented so I hope they join us here and we can keep an eye on it.

The Tucker is a beast and I can't wait put a load on it.

Mike

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks good Mike!

Nice looking Tucker, has it a Cummins engine? What Trans?

Gotta wonder if a Thiokol is heading my way now..:w00t2::whistling:

Keep me posted.:smile:

Regards, Kirk

undy

Mike,

Timely post. Musta been something in the air here yesterday. There was a SV200 Bombardier blasting through the hay fields down here too!

I took it over to my shop to start on some repairs, a little less than 2 mi. It fired up nicely, but I found it needs a little brake work. The rear of the cab has settled a little bit, so I've got my welding helmet on.

By the way, I'm pretty jealous that you picked up what looked to be a fine Tucker. Congratulations!

Paul

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
we had snow on th hill tops yesterday but i have been so buisey i havn't had a chance to fire mine up yet but i hear a moose hunt calling

Laurentian

Nice piece of machinery Sir ! It has a Cummins, looked at the tag in the ad.
That thing will run for ever !

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
the only thing i didn't like about that body was the lack of space for cargo those are intended for grooming only there was one up here last fall came through with a contractors equipment same power package . do you have the rotary bosch ve pump or an inline p7100 on the engine.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks folks, I have been aware of it since spring; found it just out of my league price wise. Seller went the extra mile so Apple creek snow ryders has a Groomer now.124_7080 (Small).JPG

Kirk the Trans is Allison 545. it is a 4 spd.
Yes cummins diesel.
6:17 gears.
Dual fuel tanks
Lots of Hydraulics front and rear.

Yes Kirk there may be a pack master in your future. tidied up a few loose ends on it Yesterday......

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
the only thing i didn't like about that body was the lack of space for cargo those are intended for grooming only there was one up here last fall came through with a contractors equipment same power package . do you have the rotary bosch ve pump or an inline p7100 on the engine.

I believe rotary. that caught my eye. lines in a cluster, it starts so good it is almost freaky.
cargo:
I was dreaming of relocating the fuel tanks, making an extended cab to add passengers. and todays *day dream* had fenders, I saw a cool system in NY over summer, the cargo area was a widened frame that acted as a fender system and party deck all the same. It put the cargo up kind of high but the fender aspects were effective. I will see if I have a picture of that.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
i have seen several with cargo decks on teh side and rear i would suspect one would have to be careful not to block air flow to the engine but some side secks would be nice for survive gear but certainly not very good for freighting for revenue. on the plus side that mid engine configuration should pull a healthy sled.