• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

AM Radio

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I hate listening to them. Don't know if it is the tone or what but it is annoying to me just like the finger nails down the chalk board.

Never have ever thought much abought it just never listened to AM but this weekend my wife turned the AM on and my son said turn that off as it bothered him to listen also.

Anyone else here not care to listen to AM?

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
What is AM radio? Not since the 80's. Back then my 77 Ford Maverick had one that worked well. But the new radios don't pull in shit on AM anymore.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I listen to a couple of talk shows on AM. It does sound different, maybe because some of them are not stereo yet.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I listen almost exclusively to AM radio with lots of news and talk shows. If I want to listen to music, I have cd's with smooth jazz and easy listening music. Not much on heavy metal or the other head banger stuff they call music. When there's nothing on AM I'm real comfortable with a quiet truck cab.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Heck yea !!! AM is great ! I listen all the time . My favorite is some of those old shows they do like """"END of the World""" Nothing more entertaining to me ... I also love audio books too !!!

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
You ever listen to any of the old radio shows on KVMR? Two weeks ago they had 1940's Dick Tracy on. It was pretty cool.Sunday Eve at 8pm(now actually).

www.kvmr.org

Heck yea !!! AM is great ! I listen all the time . My favorite is some of those old shows they do like """"END of the World""" Nothing more entertaining to me ... I also love audio books too !!!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
KVMR has there tower at our old place . They were assholes and kept cutting trees to get better reception . I threaten to kick everyone of their lousy asses if I caught them again . They are good at talking about "Save the Earth" but not when it comes to their wants and needs .

Little two face SOB's . They do a service though . They are still in it only for the money . In my opinion .

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I hate listening to them. Don't know if it is the tone or what but it is annoying to me just like the finger nails down the chalk board.

Never have ever thought much abought it just never listened to AM but this weekend my wife turned the AM on and my son said turn that off as it bothered him to listen also.

Yup, AM800 CKLW baby!!!
Dr. Joy Browne, the news.. I do love the sound of AM radio.
It's relaxing.
Used to be CK played a lot of old tunes like Tony Bennett, Frank Sinatra and softer rock from the 50s-the 70s.
Now they've stopped that and are mostly a newsy talk radio station, but I still tune in.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
.. and I do enjoy my little Grundig every single night.
Even for tuning into NPR..:hide:

2010-11-29 01-46-51.149.jpg

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter

you need a tube radio in a solid wood case. i will find you a good one. gimme a bit

ok where the hell do you live? :yum:

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Ya, I can imagine. They do have a couple shows that are not found elsewhere that I like, bluegrass and Celtic. Otherwise, they are pretty liberal "save the earth", I know what you mean.

KVMR has there tower at our old place . They were assholes and kept cutting trees to get better reception . I threaten to kick everyone of their lousy asses if I caught them again . They are good at talking about "Save the Earth" but not when it comes to their wants and needs .

Little two face SOB's . They do a service though . They are still in it only for the money . In my opinion .