• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1301 carb help

Beartooth

Well let's just say I feel as though the interest in automotive is to keep the newer stuff running and changing and less interest of keeping the old alive.
I have a 1301 with the industrial ford 170. It has a Carter AS on it. Thus the problem. Seems I can not either find the correct number or it is no longer on the carb. Who can help with a carb kit or help in getting a different carb for this cat. It leaks very badly. My thoughts were to either find a kit, replace the carb or cut my own gaskets hoping the float,needle and seats are OK! :hammer:

Beartooth

There isn't anyone out there running a Ford 170. Please help with what you have on yours or does anyone have a Carter AS model on theirs. I can't believe this is the only one nor am I the only one that has had this issue. Its a 1963 thiokol 1301 built like a swamp spryte. :wow:

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
place in California can help ya I am trying to remember the name of it carbs only maybe???

zspryte

Site Supporter
My '67 Sprint, 170 cid Ford, has a 1 barrel #1940 Holley carb on it.

Aside: Posting Thiokol issues in the separate Thiokol section might get your post more attention.