• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Windows 7 freezing

jwstewar

Don't recall if this was mentioned/discussed.

Anyone else notice that when you do a Windows update it erases your HP printer driver(s)?

Haven't had that problem on any my computers at home or any of the businesses that I support.

I had a weird one the other day at one of the companies I consult for. They had a Win 7 machine locking up frequently. It acted like a virus the way it was doing it. I ran AVG, SpyBot, Malware. AVG came back with 2 threats, but it would lock up before the scan finished even in Safe Mode. Finally I was doing some clean up on the drive and I received an I-O error. I then ran some diagnostics against the machine and it turns out the Seagate hard drive was dying. They picked a new machine up and a new hard drive for the one that died. I put the new computer in the owner's office and took his old PC with the new hard drive and put it in a new employee's office. New hard drive and a fresh load of Win 7 and all is good.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Don't recall if this was mentioned/discussed.

Anyone else notice that when you do a Windows update it erases your HP printer driver(s)?

Yes, it's happened a couple of times. I had to reinstall them.

Jim

XP pro

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
There are 2 updates for office 2007 that keep reinstalling time after time. It is a MS issue and hopefully will be solved with a patch next week.