• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1.5" x 2.5" channel for side of spryte bed

spencerhenry

i am completely rebuilding the bed of my spryte. 1.5" square tube is easy to find. but after a little looking, i am not finding the 'c' channel for the sides of the bed. anyone know where to find it? or what are some ideas for not building the bed exactly the same as it was?

also, my spryte is a 5 man cab. the bed ends before the end of the frame. i was going to lengthen it by 10" to make it an even 9'. that makes it end just past the end of the frame. how long is the bed on a passenger cat? and what is the easiest way to remove the cab from the machine?

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
i am completely rebuilding the bed of my spryte. 1.5" square tube is easy to find. but after a little looking, i am not finding the 'c' channel for the sides of the bed. anyone know where to find it? or what are some ideas for not building the bed exactly the same as it was?

also, my spryte is a 5 man cab. the bed ends before the end of the frame. i was going to lengthen it by 10" to make it an even 9'. that makes it end just past the end of the frame. how long is the bed on a passenger cat? and what is the easiest way to remove the cab from the machine?

Just have someone press brake some material to the dimensions you need thats
is what we do. Then you can pick the thickness you want

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
i used to build flat beds the waay we did it was used 3x5 angle around the outside with the 5 inch vertical and 3 inch horizontal than i would lay 3 inch angle on 2 24 inch centers and weld it down on the angle we welded in some attaching points at 3 inches than deck it with 2x t&g squeezed into the remainder of th 5 inch side secured self tapping deck screws those beds were hell for strongalso used 4 inch angle for frame addaptor rails